FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 28, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #121 of 1,433
3.5mm to 2.5mm are not that large. It could be true for XLR to 3.5/2.5mm or even 6.3mm to 2.5mm. But 3.5mm to 2.5mm not that big.
fuLuZ4H.jpg

Even if it is big deal as you say, why not use adapter with 2, 3inch wire?
sKcVkYw.jpg

Remember K7 is a DESKTOP budget amp, not a flagship, megabuck amp or PORTABLE amp to provide all the connectors in the world. Most of the desktop amps (even megabuck amps like HeadAmp GSX-mini) doesn't have ports used for portable earbuds,earphones like 2.5, 3.5trrs.

Dear friend, please excuse my vague post. Monstruosity comes not from the size but rather the incorrect wiring. As much as I understand from what I red on above mentioned topics, there are fairly two correctly wired balanced jacks, intended for audio use: the 4.4mm and the 2.5mm. What some sell over the internet, marketed as ”balanced 3.5mm” is actually the 3.5mm jack with microphone connection, intended for mobile phone use. You can seriously damage your (expensive) balanced equipment with those. The same discution goes for the simple 3.5mm to balanced 2.5 or 4.4mm adapters, the same issue: bad wiring.

Attachments

• HTB1H79BX0fvK1RjSszhq6AcGFXay.jpg
    HTB1H79BX0fvK1RjSszhq6AcGFXay.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #122 of 1,433
dont like ess dac. akm, bb or cl pls.
sound tuning can similar to M15 yet with slightly lay back for vocal.

mute xlr and rca line out while 2.5/3.5/4.4 is connected. or can let us switch which out source.

k7 price target around?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #123 of 1,433
Would it be possible, to use the outputs of the k7, to connect to a (tube)preamp and then back to the k7?

Some headphones profit of tube (pre)amps.
It woul be a budget possibility to add some tubiness if necessary.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #124 of 1,433
Would it be possible, to use the outputs of the k7, to connect to a (tube)preamp and then back to the k7?

Some headphones profit of tube (pre)amps.
It woul be a budget possibility to add some tubiness if necessary.
For which use case?
In this specific case, i'd buy a dac and connect it to the tube (pre)-amp directly.
Or under normal conditions, get the K7 and connect it to the tube amp.

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #125 of 1,433
In this case i would buy a k7 as a dac/thx amp and a budget tube pre-amp and don't need anything else (another amps and dac).
Can choose between normal and "tube" mode, depends on mood and headphone.
Sure, its possible to use the dac of k7 and connect it to a budget tube amp, but tube amp cost more than a tube pre-amp and it doesn't have the power of an thx amp.

Just had that idea to reduce costs and number of devices. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Of course, it may not make sense and there are better ways to do it.:smiley:

Apr 16, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #126 of 1,433
Will the K7 be tuned similarly to the K5 pro sound signature? I've been in the market for a THX AAA and none of the other amplifiers produce the wide clean and slightly warm sound that the K5 pro provides and I would be sad to lose that sound signature.

Apr 16, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #127 of 1,433
wide clean and slightly warm
I agree with “wide and clean”, but, if any, I would say neutral rather than slightly warm. I’m comparing the K5 Pro with the X5 II, which it’s a bit on the warm side, both driving my beloved Denon D7200 cans.

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #128 of 1,433
In this case i would buy a k7 as a dac/thx amp and a budget tube pre-amp and don't need anything else (another amps and dac).
Can choose between normal and "tube" mode, depends on mood and headphone.
Sure, its possible to use the dac of k7 and connect it to a budget tube amp, but tube amp cost more than a tube pre-amp and it doesn't have the power of an thx amp.

Just had that idea to reduce costs and number of devices. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Of course, it may not make sense and there are better ways to do it.:smiley:
That's a great idea and I think I would also want to do that for a mixup. I could connect my monitor speakers out from the balanced outputs anyway so I can use the RCA Line output to a tube preamp.

That would be great but most desktop amps, and I think that would include this, would not allow for headphone and line out to be on at the same time. Unless that is the case, it just won't be possible yet.

Apr 22, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #129 of 1,433
Add Google Cast & Airplay support and you have the ultimate all in one solution (why no headphone amp manufacturer supports these is beyond me).

Yes please! Internal AirPlay streaming would be awesome! Also USB-C instead of USB-A or B or micro.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #130 of 1,433
Please reassign all the output jack and volume knob at the front panel.
and with extra headphone jack but don't too much max 3 output 4.4 or 2.5, 6.35 or 3.5 (too much looks ugly)
Output impedance 1ohm or below for very sensitive iem. (example. 3.5mm ifi iematch)
Support 2 way bluetooth with LDAC

Personally I like Topping Dx3 Pro, but a lot feedback on quality issues and high impedance output so now I still keep survey around. Hope Fiio can do better.

Apr 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #132 of 1,433
I like the original design shown in the first post. No specific preference between AKM or ESS DAC chips so whichever you find implements better I'd be happy with.

Looking forward to this hitting the market so I can buy one as it seems ideal for my needs.

May 8, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #133 of 1,433
Fiio, what will be its MSRP ?

May 8, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #134 of 1,433
Well, here is my wish:

AKM 4499.

Full balanced though out.

XLR out and heaphone out can set volume independently

AES out from at least USB in.

USB B port instead of USB C.

Don't go with bluetooth, full streamer or nothing.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #135 of 1,433
Will there be a black version ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back