FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Oct 8, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #1,291 of 1,433
As long as you don’t yank the volume pot from one side to the other, you’re fine - and, I’ve only had one non repeated glitch where the Bluetooth mode stayed on when I went to USB - but a simple power cycle fixed that

Oct 9, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #1,293 of 1,433
@FiiO
There are two problems that people were facing in the Original K7 1) Linear Volume Control and 2) Firmware issues - Did you guys keep these things in mind while designing the K7BT?
Dear friend,

Would you mind sharing more information about the problem you mentioned in your K7 first?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 15, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,294 of 1,433
got fiio k7 like new from ebay, couldn't take it anymore, impulsive buying at its highest, too many good reviews lol, will upgrade my k5 pro ess

Oct 16, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #1,295 of 1,433
got fiio k7 like new from ebay, couldn't take it anymore, impulsive buying at its highest, too many good reviews lol, will upgrade my k5 pro ess
What are your early impressions of K5 Pro vs K7?

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #1,296 of 1,433
What are your early impressions of K5 Pro vs K7?
will tell you this week in non-audiophile language, haha, still waiting for a seller to send it to me, that auction saved me like -70 money (original price would be around ~189 pounds) :)

Oct 20, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #1,297 of 1,433
Received it, been testing all day using AIMP3 player @ WASAPI @ 48khz @ non-balanced mode with dark jazz, trip-hop, post black metal, many songs with lots of instruments, clean and harsh vocals: got spaciousness+lots of details in sound+warmth+clear vocals+soft kick drum, nothing drowned out or sounding harsh. Dunno by how much, it feels like all my neutral headphones got extended low end, fidelio x3 is not as neutral as with k5 pro ess, hd560 also, fidelio x2 sounds meaty in low end, warm, yet detailed. I don't see any problems with volume knob, and light around it is not annoying eyes, not sure what is everyone mad about it. Fiio driver v5.30 installed, no glitches, no pauses, everything is working smooth, i love all my favourite artists and bands via x3, x2, hd560s + k7. Enjoyed it in online competitive fps games too, x3 was good, but mainly stayed wtih hd560s + k7, splendid. I am already thinking to sell k5 pro ess, maybe it's placebo, and difference is smaller between the two, yet i am enjoying every minute with k7.

Attachments

• 20231020_145319.jpg
    20231020_145319.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 22, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #1,298 of 1,433
K7 and K5 Pro ESS owner here.

First I had the K5 Pro EES with Sennheiser 560s and I loved its sound for the price and I am using it on the couch, then I bought the K7 with Hifiman Ananda Nano and the first impressions were negative, I can't explain it but I noticed the sound was less dynamic and with less imaging, after many hours of training, burning, EQing with APO Peace and using a quality 4.4mm balanced cable, I can assure you that I am in love with this combo. I use it on my desktop and when I listen to music with the K5+560s I feel a huge difference that makes the K7+Nano far superior in all aspects.

I don't know what chip is superior if AK or ESS but I think the K7 is more musical and the balanced 4.4mm output is a great update.

Oct 22, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #1,299 of 1,433
K7 and K5 Pro ESS owner here.

First I had the K5 Pro EES with Sennheiser 560s and I loved its sound for the price and I am using it on the couch, then I bought the K7 with Hifiman Ananda Nano and the first impressions were negative, I can't explain it but I noticed the sound was less dynamic and with less imaging, after many hours of training, burning, EQing with APO Peace and using a quality 4.4mm balanced cable, I can assure you that I am in love with this combo. I use it on my desktop and when I listen to music with the K5+560s I feel a huge difference that makes the K7+Nano far superior in all aspects.

I don't know what chip is superior if AK or ESS but I think the K7 is more musical and the balanced 4.4mm output is a great update.
once 4.4mm adapter arrives, i will test that with x3 and 560s too.

Oct 26, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #1,303 of 1,433
Received it, been testing all day using AIMP3 player @ WASAPI @ 48khz @ non-balanced mode with dark jazz, trip-hop, post black metal, many songs with lots of instruments, clean and harsh vocals: got spaciousness+lots of details in sound+warmth+clear vocals+soft kick drum, nothing drowned out or sounding harsh. Dunno by how much, it feels like all my neutral headphones got extended low end, fidelio x3 is not as neutral as with k5 pro ess, hd560 also, fidelio x2 sounds meaty in low end, warm, yet detailed. I don't see any problems with volume knob, and light around it is not annoying eyes, not sure what is everyone mad about it. Fiio driver v5.30 installed, no glitches, no pauses, everything is working smooth, i love all my favourite artists and bands via x3, x2, hd560s + k7. Enjoyed it in online competitive fps games too, x3 was good, but mainly stayed wtih hd560s + k7, splendid. I am already thinking to sell k5 pro ess, maybe it's placebo, and difference is smaller between the two, yet i am enjoying every minute with k7.
You like the X3? I only managed to get an hour of use total out of mine before I couldn't stand them anymore. Trying to sell them right now.
I also had the 9500, which I like, so I got the 9600, which I hate. Planning to give those to my dad.
Honestly though K7 is capable of so much more than headphones like the 560 or the X3 can deliver. I was listening to mine through roon earlier with Hifiman Ananda Stealth and the musicality and level of detail was pretty damn near magical. If I can recommend a headphone to try with the K7 that is affordable, get the Hifiman HE400SE. They're under $150 USD and they sound better than anything else for the price. They like big time juice. I use them with a 4.4 cable and the K7 in high gain, but just wow for the money. Almost like a cheaper Sundara.

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #1,304 of 1,433
I just purchased a Fiio K7 and so far so good but I have a "problem" with Tidal in exclusive mode on Windows 11:

- The songs in MQA or 24-Bit format are a lower volume than the 44.1Khz and 16 bit, and also when I pass a high resolution song to another lower resolution one the song skips about 10 seconds and that with the combination of the difference of volume makes a very unpleasant situation.

This only happens in exclusive mode and with the change from 24-Bit or MQA to 16 bit...

For the moment I have removed the exclusive mode until I know what is happening or what is the problem.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Nov 8, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #1,305 of 1,433
You like the X3? I only managed to get an hour of use total out of mine before I couldn't stand them anymore. Trying to sell them right now.
I also had the 9500, which I like, so I got the 9600, which I hate. Planning to give those to my dad.
Honestly though K7 is capable of so much more than headphones like the 560 or the X3 can deliver. I was listening to mine through roon earlier with Hifiman Ananda Stealth and the musicality and level of detail was pretty damn near magical. If I can recommend a headphone to try with the K7 that is affordable, get the Hifiman HE400SE. They're under $150 USD and they sound better than anything else for the price. They like big time juice. I use them with a 4.4 cable and the K7 in high gain, but just wow for the money. Almost like a cheaper Sundara.
Slowly i start realise that x3 is mostly taking space in my drawer, rather than being unique in my headphones list, hmm, he400se is an interesting recommendation for sure, worth to find it on sale! I think x3 was an impulsive buy by being curious, but not essential enough, hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back