FiiO K7/K7BT Desktop DAC&Headphone AMP Discussion | XLR Balance | Dual THX AAA | Xmos | ...
Mar 9, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #46 of 1,433
Looks all good to me. I would like some bass and treble tone controls (with a bypass mind you cause you know, tone controls are evil) to either give a kick to bass-anemic headphones or to calm down overly excited treble.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #47 of 1,433
1. USB Type-B input please. Despite the convenience of Type-C cables, I still find Type-B ports more durable, especially for desktop use.
2. More Output Power than amps like THX AAA 789/ SMSL SP200 / Monoprice THX AAA 887. That'll make me more likely to ditch my current Qutest + 789 combo =)

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #48 of 1,433
From the connection side: Ethernet connector and Wifi will make it a killer. Much more so than Bluetooth reception. since this is a Desktop unit and we can use all frequency range from Qobus, Tidal and Roon.

Make it in black.

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #49 of 1,433
I’d love to see a 2.5mm balanced output and a 3.5mm TRS output added to the front. Since many of your DAP’s have had 2.5mm it would be helpful to have it supported here as well so I can use my IEM’s at home and on the road.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #52 of 1,433
cutting the DAC, will be just another THX copy cat. If Fio wants to stand out, add a nice DAC with Wifi/bluetooth and make it full balanced.

A simpler and cheaper version can be made with just the Amp. But an integrated solution is showing to be a big market for 2020/2021.

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #53 of 1,433
I’d love to see a 2.5mm balanced output and a 3.5mm TRS output added to the front. Since many of your DAP’s have had 2.5mm it would be helpful to have it supported here as well so I can use my IEM’s at home and on the road.

The ideal in the future is to get rid of old connectors, and have 4.4mm the primary balanced connector for headphones and IEMs. 2.5mm can easily be adapted to 4.4mm.

Cut out the DAC, make it simpler, smaller & cheaper. Don't include 2.5mm.

Maybe have a couple of different versions, such as an amp, and a DAC/amp? I'd like to see the 4497 DAC in any version. I reckon that at least M11 Pro performance, sonically, would be good. It would obviously have more power. Maybe also have an optional high-quality power supply for it?

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #54 of 1,433
Dual AK4497 will set it apart from the THX crowd, or go left-field with a multibit chip like the BB1792. I agree with @Currawong - standardise on 4.4mm, but maybe add I2S and/or AES input so we can bypass USB altogether, or better yet...give it Ethernet and/or WiFi, which turns this into a pseudo-streamer and knocks every other similar solution off the table.

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #58 of 1,433
[QUOTE =“ zworykin,帖子:15505536,成员:420049”]
上面的渲染图确实显示了RCA和XLR输出,因此我认为您已经在这里介绍了。

我同意上面提到的对USB-B输入的偏好;与USB-C相比,台式机产品似乎非常标准。

我也同意上面的想法,那就是拥有3.5毫米插孔会很好。我非常喜欢避免使用任何适配器。也许它可以走到上面显示的4.4的位置,并且可以将4.4移到XLR旁边,将平衡的东西放在一起?(而且我想,如果我们处于“没有适配器的白日梦”领域,也许您甚至还可以在那儿获得2.5的平衡!)
[/引用]
The rendering above does in fact show both RCA and XLR outputs, so I think you're covered there.

I'd agree with the preference someone expressed above for USB-B input; seems pretty standard for a desktop product, as opposed to USB-C.

I'd also agree with the thought above that it would be nice to have a 3.5mm jack. I'm a big fan of avoiding the need for any adapters. Maybe it could go where the 4.4 is shown above, and the 4.4 could be moved over next to the XLR, keep the balanced stuff together? (And I suppose if we're in "daydreaming about no adapters" territory, maybe you could even squeeze in a 2.5 balanced over there as well!)
Thank your advises
In fact, you already know the answer, we will have a complete interface to connect external DAC and external AMP :) :)
For USB B or USB C, we should consider which one is more universal. Because their reliability is very good, and I will use the full pins USB C interface.
Is the 3.5mm earphones interface so important? After all, connecting desktop devices are headphones.

Another vote for Dual AKM4499 with minimum 2 Watts output to satisfy every headphones in the stable
Which THX AAA version/model will this use? I hope it's THXAAA-888.
A version without the DAC will also be appreciated :)
I am very excited to see everyone's positive feedback. I will pick some more common questions to explain:
1,Since the K7 is not a flagship one, the price will not be very high. So we are going to make K7 excellent first,and announce the price later
2,Even with THX AAA 789, we can achieve very high power, more than 3W, and the sound quality is very good also; so I prefer to THX AAA 789
3,We are evaluating the new ESS DAC, because it can support MQA , do you like MQA?
Share the photo of THX module we are testing :beerchug:
788 box.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 10, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #59 of 1,433
Add Google Cast & Airplay support and you have the ultimate all in one solution (why no headphone amp manufacturer supports these is beyond me).

probably because both have a per-unit licensing cost and if 90% of the buyers don't use it... just added cost.

Mar 10, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #60 of 1,433
I am very excited to see everyone's positive feedback. I will pick some more common questions to explain:
1,Since the K7 is not a flagship one, the price will not be very high. So we are going to make K7 excellent first,and announce the price later
2,Even with THX AAA 789, we can achieve very high power, more than 3W, and the sound quality is very good also; so I prefer to THX AAA 789
3,We are evaluating the new ESS DAC, because it can support MQA , do you like MQA?
Share the photo of THX module we are testing :beerchug:
MQA support will be highly appreciated.
Will this be first lunch on crowdfunding first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back