FiiO&JadeAudio Over-Ear Headphones Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2023 at 1:32 AM Post #394 of 607
Actually there is no need to fear. Higher impedance are easier drive just like lower impedance speakers are difficult drive. In fact you can drive this with any portable source or dongle as long as you are not reaching to max volume as per your listening preference. Higher impedance headphones demand less current and are not affected by the source impedance. Most of the time we are in psychological fear of maxing out the volume with higher impedance headphones which happens rarely even with portable sources. I have driven ft3 through phone, dap, mojo 2 and these are one of very clean and transparent sounding headphones. Best part is the realistic speaker like projection of sound. Once you are addicted to these you would find the likes of hd650 and hd6xx as much mediocre in depth and soundstage and realism.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #395 of 607
So I have been listening to these for quite a while now. I can't explain it but somehow I feel that I can pinpoint location of singers and instruments much precisely than with any other headphones that I've heard in the past. Like I usually think that singers are usually directly in front of me in a headstage, but with these I feel that they could be a little bit to the left/right..

Jul 22, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #396 of 607
So I have been listening to these for quite a while now. I can't explain it but somehow I feel that I can pinpoint location of singers and instruments much precisely than with any other headphones that I've heard in the past. Like I usually think that singers are usually directly in front of me in a headstage, but with these I feel that they could be a little bit to the left/right..
Exactly these are very accurate headphones. First time i didn't feel like needing speaker setup with these headphones. Low distortion, flat response, clean highs and extended bass, precise channel matching is the reason. I am using these with mojo 2 with very tiny eq and one of the best hi fi experience ever.

Aug 3, 2023 at 5:42 AM Post #397 of 607
I have FT3s for testing and as long as I’m listening to them I can agree that these headphones are execptionally good for their price. Sound is rich and direct, bass is melodic, full of structure and with proper amp it can deliver pretty good but not offensive punch. You could think that they are heavy in this region which will be spreading on the mids but no - the middle ground is clear, precise and very lovable for right listener. With proper songs You can feel the space and layering with proportional width and depth. Highs? Stretched out and not so sharp until some songs will make them to be - in other cases You will be welcomed with no sibilance at all…
… And as much as I admire them I’ll send them back to store. Why? If You like me don’t like to much upper mids You won’t stand this signature. Example? Christina Aguilera - Bound to You. Listen to this track and imagine that in final part where vocalist is rising her voice with all these colorations and stuff… right there You can already tell that this ear piercing frequency is not right and makes Your ears literally hot.
So, yeah - I like them but without this soprano boost these could be MUCH better headphones.

(Tested via USB connection with FiiO K7 and K9 Pro)

Aug 3, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #398 of 607
That's the fun with cans / speakers, everyone's eardrum reacts differently! Just for comparison, I listen to a lot of japanese female singers, which tend to be easily ear piercing too. I wierdly don't have a problem with them when listening through the FT3s :L3000:

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #399 of 607
That's the fun with cans / speakers, everyone's eardrum reacts differently! Just for comparison, I listen to a lot of japanese female singers, which tend to be easily ear piercing too. I wierdly don't have a problem with them when listening through the FT3s :L3000:
I don't have this issue with any of my earphones or headphones.

This issue is caused by pushing the upper mids/lower treble which is a typical phenomen with earphones from China. FiiO seems to be the least affected though but you rarely find this in Japanese or german or american earphone but in almost every chinese brand that is on the market.

There is an article from an tuner who worked with an chinese company who explained his desparation about how complicated it is to tell chinese, that we don't want that music hurts in our ears. But their answer is "Why don't you want a clear sound? Why do you like it when it sounds muffled/muddy?"

So japanese singers are not as ear piercing as it seems, its Chifi that makes it seem that way because chinese love this ear piercing sound because it makes everything sound clear and detailed.

But if you open such an track in Audacity and analize it, you'll see that there is actually nothing in the song that is supposed to sound piercing, this is made by the earphone

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #400 of 607
This issue is caused by pushing the upper mids/lower treble which is a typical phenomen with earphones from China. FiiO seems to be the least affected though but you rarely find this in Japanese or german or american earphone but in almost every chinese brand that is on the market.

There is an article from an tuner who worked with an chinese company who explained his desparation about how complicated it is to tell chinese, that we don't want that music hurts in our ears. But their answer is "Why don't you want a clear sound? Why do you like it when it sounds muffled/muddy?"

I am reminded of Zeos' review of the Drop+Beyer DT177X, where he talked about the original DT1770 and imagined a German engineer saying "but where is ze blood? How can you have a headphone with no ear blood?"

Aug 3, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #401 of 607
I am reminded of Zeos' review of the Drop+Beyer DT177X, where he talked about the original DT1770 and imagined a German engineer saying "but where is ze blood? How can you have a headphone with no ear blood?"
I never listened to any Bayer Dynamic. As a german i do not understand, like at all, why anyone cares about these Headphones. These are just very average and normal headphones and, imho, have no relevance in the audiophile world at all.

But still, fair point. The same is true for the Sennheiser HD800 and HD800S (which i also dislike).

I had Vision Ears and Hörluchs (which are not avilable outside germany) in mind when writing these because, to me, those are the only german companies i care for. Bayer Dyanmic is just selling average and boring headphones for way to high prices and Sennheiser totally lost track and is living 10+ years in the past.

So yes, germany is only true with an asterisk^^ sadly the least innovating companies and the most boring companies from germany tend to be the most famous outside germany because people know their names from the past.

As said, to me personally, Vision Ears is the last an only real german company that delivers products on an audiophile level and even though they are expensive, they deliver.

Its a different story with the US and Japan because they have tons of makers who do not have this problem. Sometimes there are exceptions in their lineup (which are clearly marked, so you don't accidently buy them when you don't want it), but in general, you're safe.

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #402 of 607
I never listened to any Bayer Dynamic. As a german i do not understand, like at all, why anyone cares about these Headphones. These are just very average and normal headphones and, imho, have no relevance in the audiophile world at all.

I think it's important to treat Zeos' reviews as 2/3 entertainment and 1/3 factual - his little narrative about ear blood being a prime example.

I will say this about Beyer: try the DT-880 / 600ohm sometime with a good, powerful (ideally OTL tube) amp, then come back and tell us whether you think they have no relevance in the audiophile world ... or at least the budget audiophile world.

Aug 3, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #403 of 607

But still, fair point. The same is true for the Sennheiser HD800 and HD800S (which i also dislike).

I had Vision Ears and Hörluchs (which are not avilable outside germany) in mind when writing these because, to me, those are the only german companies i care for. Bayer Dyanmic is just selling average and boring headphones for way to high prices and Sennheiser totally lost track and is living 10+ years in the past.

So yes, germany is only true with an asterisk^^ sadly the least innovating companies and the most boring companies from germany tend to be the most famous outside germany because people know their names from the past.

As said, to me personally, Vision Ears is the last an only real german company that delivers products on an audiophile level and even though they are expensive, they deliver.

Its a different story with the US and Japan because they have tons of makers who do not have this problem. Sometimes there are exceptions in their lineup (which are clearly marked, so you don't accidently buy them when you don't want it), but in general, you're safe.
Laughable

Aug 7, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #404 of 607
Hey guys, would the M15 power these, balanced? I’m impressed with how they power my HD 800s’s so I’m guessing M15 just about has the power?

Aug 7, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #405 of 607
Hey guys, would the M15 power these, balanced? I’m impressed with how they power my HD 800s’s so I’m guessing M15 just about has the power?
You can get 117db out of them using the M15. So enough power to make you deaf in a matter of minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back