FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #226 of 1,891
DLC (Diamond-like carbon) used and high-end Beryllium coated

2 specially selected high-performance materials diaphragm

Carefully carved the shocking large 12mm dynamic driver

5R]GCO2EHKW_N9QBPO8)MUN.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #227 of 1,891
Invitation to FiiO User Communication Activity on Facebook

Distinguished FiiO users,

We have successfully held a communication activity on Facebook in March. Lately we have been planning another online communication activity. This time, we will once again invite members of FiiO Product Council and project managers. Any questions concerning our previous products or the upcoming FD5 and UTWS3 will be welcomed. In addition, we have prepared a brand new FD5 and UTWS3 as prizes. FiiO users participating in this event will have a chance to get them! Thank you for your support to us.
Time: 9 p.m.-11 p.m., 29 Dec. 2020 (Beijing time)

Site:
FiiO-philes club>>>
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1615065175446865/

How to Attend: Search for "FiiO-philes club" on Facebook to join the discussion.
Activity Details:
1. Each ID is only allowed to participate in the draw once.
2. Questions are limited to FiiO products.
3. Questions are limited to specified posts of the FiiO group, such as the post of FiiO headphone amplifiers, players or Bluetooth products.
4. Participants who send an advertisement or post any contents unrelated to FiiO products will be removed from the group with invalid qualification to take in the draw.
5. On the second day after the communication activity, FiiO staff will collect and draw a lottery on Random, announcing the winners. The first winner will get the FD5, and the second will get the UTWS3.
6. For the question posted between 9 p.m. and 12 p.m. on Dec.29th (Beijing time), its ID will be qualified to participate in the draw. Others out of this time period will not be acknowledged.
7. Winners please contact administrators of FiiO Facebook group, sending your shipping details to us within 1 week. Otherwise, you will lose the winner qualification.
8. FiiO reserves the final interpretation right about this activity.

On 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Dec.29th (Beijing time), we will wait for you on Facebook.

1609123403229.png

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 27, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #229 of 1,891

We have successfully held a communication activity on Facebook in March. Lately we have been planning another online communication activity. This time, we will once again invite members of FiiO Product Council and project managers. Any questions concerning our previous products or the upcoming FD5 and UTWS3 will be welcomed. In addition, we have prepared a brand new FD5 and UTWS3 as prizes. FiiO users participating in this event will have a chance to get them! Thank you for your support to us.

Site:
FiiO-philes club>>>

How to Attend: Search for "FiiO-philes club" on Facebook to join the discussion.
Activity Details:
3. Questions are limited to specified posts of the FiiO group, such as the post of FiiO headphone amplifiers, players or Bluetooth products.
4. Participants who send an advertisement or post any contents unrelated to FiiO products will be removed from the group with invalid qualification to take in the draw.
5. On the second day after the communication activity, FiiO staff will collect and draw a lottery on Random, announcing the winners. The first winner will get the FD5, and the second will get the UTWS3.
6. For the question posted between 9 p.m. and 12 p.m. on Dec.29th (Beijing time), its ID will be qualified to participate in the draw. Others out of this time period will not be acknowledged.
7. Winners please contact administrators of FiiO Facebook group, sending your shipping details to us within 1 week. Otherwise, you will lose the winner qualification.

On 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Dec.29th (Beijing time), we will wait for you on Facebook.

1609123403229.png
Considering you have mmcx & 0.78 2 pin iems now in your collection, why not offer a connector swap option on the UTWS3 ?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #231 of 1,891
Unboxing video of FiiO FD5

Site:
FiiO-philes club>>>

Activity Details:

1609123403229.png
When's the UTWS3 official release date?

Dec 28, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #233 of 1,891
So.... I received the FD5 this morning...

IMG_2104.jpeg

Packaging is really great for the price, really premium feel and very nice carry case...
Build on the FD5 is really nice as well :

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg

The stock cable is really quite nice as well for the price segment :

IMG_2110.jpeg

The plug system is well implemented although I prefer the system on the Dunu cables and FiiO LC-RE.

Now first impressions out of the box : massive soundstage and very powerful (but well controlled) bass. And that's with balanced ear tips, I am not sure I want to blow my ear drums with the bass tips :p

It's like listening to a full sized headphone FiiO took me by surprise there color me impressed, and it certainly doesn't sound like its price segment I don't need much time to know that. This is going to be a fun review :)

Notable there isn't much sound leakage at least at my volume levels.

Inescapable apple-to-orange notwithstanding, FD5 v Dunu Zen has me curious.

When I received the Zen I'll share my comparison :)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #234 of 1,891

IMG_2104.jpeg

Packaging is really great for the price, really premium feel and very nice carry case...

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

The plug system is well implemented although I prefer the system on the Dunu cables and FiiO LC-RE.

Now first impressions out of the box : massive soundstage and very powerful (but well controlled) bass. And that's with balanced ear tips, I am not sure I want to blow my ear drums with the bass tips :p

It's like listening to a full sized headphone FiiO took me by surprise there color me impressed, and it certainly doesn't sound like it's price segment I don't need much time to know that. This is going to be a fun review :)

Welcome to the club

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #235 of 1,891

IMG_2104.jpeg

IMG_2107.jpeg

IMG_2108.jpeg

IMG_2110.jpeg

It's like listening to a full sized headphone FiiO took me by surprise there color me impressed, and it certainly doesn't sound like its price segment I don't need much time to know that. This is going to be a fun review :)

You are another person I'm looking forward to hearing from as I found your last ag8 cable review spot on to the way I perceive them. I have these on the way now and am really hoping they can complete with the zen in some ways despite the cost differences. Will be my last Iem of this whole upcoming year hopefully.

Dec 28, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #236 of 1,891
Dec 28, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #237 of 1,891
If some people own ISN H40 then they will love the FD5 in my opinion, I was intent on comparing to Meze Rai Solo another single dynamic in the price range but I will add ISN H40 as well.

Dec 28, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #238 of 1,891
If some people own ISN H40 then they will love the FD5 in my opinion, I was intent on comparing to Meze Rai Solo another single dynamic in the price range but I will add ISN H40 as well.
@davidmolliere, looking forward to the comparison of FD5 and H40.
Do you find FD5 adequate for outdoor use, considering the open-back design?
IIRC @Dsnuts also owns both the FD5 and H40. His feedback will be much appreciated!!
thanks, Jose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back