FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #211 of 1,891
I need to light-heartedly pick a bone here. See Xelento's OP. See HifFiGo's original price. There was a posted price of $299...
Yup, confirmed, I also saw the $299.99 price on Hifigo.com and was too slow on the trigger to get them for that price.

The same goes for a number of items sold during the Black/Cyber/WTH sales during the Holiday.

It's no longer the Holiday, discounts are gone, pricing has returned to normal, and perhaps that's the reason for the "price hike"?

It could also be @FiiO trying to program us to pull the trigger and order immediately when they are first shown on Hifigo.com / FiiO's AliExpress store. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #212 of 1,891
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #213 of 1,891
Not sure if the price raise (if it’s true) has something to do with the Chinese Yuan appreciated a lot compared to US dollar recently? The China MSRP for FiiO products stays very stable.

I remember a few years back when the Chinese Yuan depreciated massively compared to US dollars, the price of Grado headphones in China also increased quite a bit. So maybe it’s the same thing, that the retailers need to increase the price
to cover the exchange loss - I might be wrong though.

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #214 of 1,891
Not sure if the price raise (if it’s true) has something to do with the Chinese Yuan appreciated a lot compared to US dollar recently? The China MSRP for FiiO products stays very stable.

I remember a few years back when the Chinese Yuan depreciated massively compared to US dollars, the price of Grado headphones in China also increased quite a bit. So maybe it’s the same thing, that the retailers need to increase the price
to cover the exchange loss - I might be wrong though.
That's very possible, "someone" used the wrong conversion table the first time they listed it? Then got the word from the "bean room" that the price is "too low"!!

I've heard more than a few people mention this devaluation of the $USD against several currencies lately - were any other non-USD prices altered recently too?

This may be a trend; I sure hope not. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #215 of 1,891
Nm2+ Vs fd5 has to happen now lol. Nm2+ is my favourite but I hope the fd5 can do vocals and stage better. Would you class these an upgrade or on the same level as the nm2+?
I too am waiting with bated breath.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #219 of 1,891
One good thing about Xmas time is when the wife decides to go out all day shopping in the sales and doesn't want you with her and you get chance to get a selection of latest acquisitions out for a full day of music !
@Dsnuts you were right about the Tri metal cable on the 5's, looks like I've finally found a set it matches well with ... Kudos my friend !
20201227_123132.jpg

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #222 of 1,891
oh, feel free to post ))) thank you
It's funny, I made a couple of posts listening to your FD5 review, then the FH3 review a bit, and thought, I bet he's posted it up on Head-fi I should go and Like it!

Then when I didn't find it posted yet I thought, wow - I wonder if he had this review scheduled to upload during the Holiday and he's not actually around to post it today?

And, I looked and sure enough you hadn't been here on Head-Fi since Monday - so I posted your review thinking you might be away on Holiday vacation.

And, I imagined everyone here would be anxious to see your review of the FD5... and the rest is history.

Sometimes I'm too fast and too slow at the same time...

Thanks again, Happy Holidays! and Happy New Year! :innocent:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #225 of 1,891
that’s probably some bug, as I visit head-fi almost every day )))

happy holidays to you and to everyone! Hope more people will get FD5 soon and enjoy them!
Thank you, I'm looking forward to the FD5 :)

And, it's still showing you haven't posted since Monday... weird right?, it's way behind on indexing your posts:
Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 7.43.41 AM.png

Update: Now it's caught up :)

2nd Update: Now search on your posts is back to showing what I clipped above. IDK, I'm outta here, Good night! :)

A parting gift... Rudy Van Gelder - DVD from "Perfect Takes" Blue Note - 1959 The Year that Changed Jazz

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back