FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Aug 29, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #1,396 of 1,891
Has anyone tried Spinfit CP500 or CP155 on FD5? I've noticed that the wide eartips make treble more crystal sounding, and overall sound becomes harder and more accurate. I kinda like how oem bass tips sound, but it also makes treble much louder. So, I'm searching for eartips that will subtract the treble yet make it crystal clean if that's possible.

Have you tried a silicone tip? Even the stock silicone tips are pretty good. And I agree the FD5 does so much right it just needs a touch of that treble energy tamed a tad.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #1,397 of 1,891
Have you tried a silicone tip? Even the stock silicone tips are pretty good. And I agree the FD5 does so much right it just needs a touch of that treble energy tamed a tad.
What do you mean by silicone tip? I thought almost every stock tips are made of silicone, except the foam ones. Anyway, I've tried all of them, and the best tips to be used with the wide nozzles in my opinion are bass tips, because they are increasing bass, which I like, and increasing the clarity of treble, which I also like, but the problem is with treble energy, so it's not perfect, but when I use another tips after bass ones I feel like the treble is too smooth and simple.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #1,398 of 1,891
What do you mean by silicone tip? I thought almost every stock tips are made of silicone, except the foam ones. Anyway, I've tried all of them, and the best tips to be used with the wide nozzles in my opinion are bass tips, because they are increasing bass, which I like, and increasing the clarity of treble, which I also like, but the problem is with treble energy, so it's not perfect, but when I use another tips after bass ones I feel like the treble is too smooth and simple.

Yes, I didn't clarify I didn't mean that they all went made from silicone. I should have stated the bass tip or the vocal tips.

I personally prefer the vocal tips but have taken it a step further with the addition of a pure copper cable. For me this has been the best solution for the top end treble energy. Now the FD5 has everything I like and everything in place with a smooth but extended treble.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1,399 of 1,891
Yes, I didn't clarify I didn't mean that they all went made from silicone. I should have stated the bass tip or the vocal tips.

I personally prefer the vocal tips but have taken it a step further with the addition of a pure copper cable. For me this has been the best solution for the top end treble energy. Now the FD5 has everything I like and everything in place with a smooth but extended treble.
That's the problem - I don't want the treble to be smooth, I want it to be not as loud, but still clean and accurate.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #1,400 of 1,891
That's the problem - I don't want the treble to be smooth, I want it to be not as loud, but still clean and accurate.

What other equipment are you using in your audio chain? Because each and every individual component adds to the final sound signature as you hear it.

Aug 29, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #1,402 of 1,891
@Ryoidenshi

Yes, I understand. So you're right in your case I think some different ear tips can give you the sonic presentation you desire. Read back into the previous pages in the thread. Other owners have shared different brands and models of tips that have helped shape the sound to their preference.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,404 of 1,891
If anyone is considering the FD5 and doesn't like missing out on the "new thing", FiiO is releasing the FDX/FD7 very soon. Might be something to check out too.

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #1,405 of 1,891
Welcome back, mate. :)

Did the cable route for the FD5 as well, but that didn't convinced me.
Going with the Final-E tips (and the og cable) was the better choice for me and lifts my listening pleasure with my set of FD5s.

Hope you get what you're heading for. :beerchug:

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,406 of 1,891
Welcome back, mate. :)

Did the cable route for the FD5 as well, but that didn't convinced me.
Going with the Final-E tips (and the og cable) was the better choice for me and lifts my listening pleasure with my set of FD5s.

Hope you get what you're heading for. :beerchug:
Thanks. I have to try 😝. Final E tips are already my favorites and I did my previously listening with these tips but still to much sibilance for my taste. Foam mod is next step if this doesn't change anything. I let know how it goes 😋

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #1,408 of 1,891
I bought my FD5 for 150, so no harm there. Those FDX is nice for my grandma, matches nice with the earrings. FD7 however looks very promising. But then again 600 vs 300 for the FD5. But can't wait for the impressions of those. It should actually be better than the Dunu Zen i should tink 🤔

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1,409 of 1,891
I'll be watching the FD7 with great interest. No interest in the FDX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back