FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #1,126 of 1,891
hi guys, which of you uses the FD5 to listen to EDM Dubstep music? I have some FA7s paired with a BTR5 and I am quite satisfied, even if sometimes I think something is missing, I am sensitive to the highs but I would like to try something different, do you think the FD5 can do for me?

Jul 10, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #1,127 of 1,891
hi guys, which of you uses the FD5 to listen to EDM Dubstep music? I have some FA7s paired with a BTR5 and I am quite satisfied, even if sometimes I think something is missing, I am sensitive to the highs but I would like to try something different, do you think the FD5 can do for me?

The FiiO FD5 is going to give you fuller bass and greater thunderous dynamics compared to the FA7 so I think that you are going to like it more with your music.

Jul 10, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #1,128 of 1,891
The FiiO FD5 is going to give you fuller bass and greater thunderous dynamics compared to the FA7 so I think that you are going to like it more with your music.
Thanks for the answer, and what do you think of the highs? if you know the Dubstep genre you know it is very loaded in that frequency range, I would not want them to be excessive for me.

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #1,130 of 1,891
Hmm , I don't listen that music but if I remember correctly from the past the FA7 is quite smooth on the treble.
On the other way the FD5 has enough bite to call it forward.
Not bright but a little aggressive above 4kHz.
I don't know , can you order with return option?
yes, the relaxed and fluid highs of the FA7 makes me fully enjoy the more aggressive Dubstep tracks, but when listening to more relaxed tracks such as in the Dubchestral genre (instrumental core - the angels among demons) where the orchestral component is present, I feel that something is missing in the mid-high range.

The predominant mid-bass of the FA7 is not a problem with the Dubstep but I find it sometimes excessive on EDM in general and orchestral.

With the FD5s I know I can have an improvement in the mid-bass range but I'm afraid the highs can destroy my ears.

As for the return option, unfortunately at the moment they are not available on Amazon Italy and I can find them at a good price on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #1,132 of 1,891
It is a bit risky.
With instrumental and classical music the highs are very good and I don't find them fatiguing at all.
But can't vouch for the music you listen.
I would like to take advantage of your kindness and ask you if you can do a test for me, can you listen to this songs with your FD5?

"Instrumental Core - Hope" you can find it on Spotify or even simply on Youtube.

I think it's one of those Dubchestral tracks that if you don't have well-controlled highs, you risk detaching your ears (as we say in Rome :D)

While for a particularly aggressive Dubstep track on high frequencies, I would like you listen to the track from your FD5s: "Noisestorm - Heist" also present on Spotify or Youtube.

I know that maybe the genre may not be to your liking but I just need to understand if the FD5 could be suitable for my genre.

Thank you very much :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #1,133 of 1,891
I would like to take advantage of your kindness and ask you if you can do a test for me, can you listen to this songs with your FD5?

"Instrumental Core - Hope" you can find it on Spotify or even simply on Youtube.

I think it's one of those Dubchestral tracks that if you don't have well-controlled highs, you risk detaching your ears (as we say in Rome :D)

While for a particularly aggressive Dubstep track on high frequencies, I would like you listen to the track from your FD5s: "Noisestorm - Heist" also present on Spotify or Youtube.

I know that maybe the genre may not be to your liking but I just need to understand if the FD5 could be suitable for my genre.

Thank you very much :wink:
No problem I can do it later today but I don't have Spotify.
Are they available at Tidal or Qobuz?

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #1,139 of 1,891
I've no complains about the capabilities of the FD5 when it comes to my listening.

I listen to a lot of melodic dubstep. :wink:

Believe me, female fronted metal, which i do a lot, is more "demanting" for your/my hearing in the presence area then any of the dubstep tracks i've heard by now. ^^

Will chime in later with detailed insight bc i'm at work now. :wink:

About the cable, don't look any further.
Imo, the oem cable fits them perfectly.
No need to invest in special ones.
Maybe my hearing isn't that sensitive, but i can't hear a difference to the copper Linsoul LSC08.

Ymmv, of course. :)

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #1,140 of 1,891
@Guy Fawkes

IMG_20210710_162929~2.jpg

As promised I have listened both songs.
For my ears nothing really piercing or harsh or really annoying.
Just enough bite to add energy and give highs their proper share of the frequency band and distinguish details and sounds.
And that bass , oh that bass you are going to really love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back