FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #1,141 of 1,891
I've no complains about the capabilities of the FD5 when it comes to my listening.

I listen to a lot of melodic dubstep. :wink:

Believe me, female fronted metal, which i do a lot, is more "demanting" for your/my hearing in the presence area then any of the dubstep tracks i've heard by now. ^^

Will chime in later with detailed insight bc i'm at work now. :wink:

About the cable, don't look any further.
Imo, the oem cable fits them perfectly.
No need to invest in special ones.
Maybe my hearing isn't that sensitive, but i can't hear a difference to the copper Linsoul LSC08.

Ymmv, of course. :)

Hi Chris, saying that the Dub genre is full of high frequencies I don't want to belittle other genres, certainly there are many other genres where the highs are felt predominant and metal is definitely one of them :)

I am not going to experiment with other cables also because although it can be fun, it is an expensive practice and you risk spending money unnecessarily. however I will try to match the silver LC-2.5D cable I already own.

@Guy Fawkes

IMG_20210710_162929~2.jpg

As promised I have listened both songs.
For my ears nothing really piercing or harsh or really annoying.
Just enough bite to add energy and give highs their proper share of the frequency band and distinguish details and sounds.
And that bass , oh that bass you are going to really love it!

Hi Ichos, thank you very much for the test done for me, now I think I have clearer ideas and what to expect from the FD5. My fear was the aggressive high frequencies that I could read from the reviews.

"And that bass , oh that bass you are going to really love it!"

Really? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Jul 10, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #1,143 of 1,891
Hi Chris, saying that the Dub genre is full of high frequencies I don't want to belittle other genres, certainly there are many other genres where the highs are felt predominant and metal is definitely one of them :)

I am not going to experiment with other cables also because although it can be fun, it is an expensive practice and you risk spending money unnecessarily. however I will try to match the silver LC-2.5D cable I already own.

Hi Ichos, thank you very much for the test done for me, now I think I have clearer ideas and what to expect from the FD5. My fear was the aggressive high frequencies that I could read from the reviews.

"And that bass , oh that bass you are going to really love it!"

Really? :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
No offense taken, my friend. :)

It comes down to each ones sensitive area wether it bothers or not, i think.

Had a brief listen to the tracks you've mentioned earlier.
Wow. Love it.

FD5 out of the 2.5 of the BTR5 coupled with the V30 with Tidal over Uapp.

What a nice rumble down low while retaining the rest of the frequencies.

It becomes more clear why the FD5 got/get more headtime than my D9200. ^^

Oh. Listening volume on the Btr5 was 23 out of 60.
I'm a low level listener, obviously. :smile:

Noisestorm was close to my limit on the low highs, i guess.

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #1,144 of 1,891
It comes down to each ones sensitive area wether it bothers or not, i think.

you are right, I personally have had many difficulties with listening to this genre and headphones owned in the past.

Ho ascoltato brevemente i brani che hai citato prima.
Wow. Lo adoro.

FD5 dei 2,5 del BTR5 accoppiato con il V30 con Tidal su Uapp.

Che bel rombo in basso mantenendo il resto delle frequenze.

Diventa più chiaro il motivo per cui l'FD5 ha/ottene più headtime rispetto al mio D9200. ^^

I'm glad it was to your liking, if you are interested, I invite you to listen to the whole album "Angels Among Demons" it's really immersive, listen to "Evolving" the title could not be more appropriate

Oh. Listening volume on the Btr5 was 23 out of 60.
I'm a low level listener, obviously. :smile:

lucky you, i just can't keep the volumes low, however i'm very careful not to keep it for too long and i often take breaks

Jul 14, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,145 of 1,891
Hi all,

Eyeing up these FD5's after seeing a good deal for them on my local classifieds for around 280~ AUD (210USD). In terms of current collection, I have an Elear w/ Elex pads which I love due to their impressive dynamics and Blon 03's for iem's. Just wondering if anyone with these headphones/iems can weigh on how they compare.
Thanks in advance!

Jul 17, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #1,146 of 1,891
Hi all,

Eyeing up these FD5's after seeing a good deal for them on my local classifieds for around 280~ AUD (210USD). In terms of current collection, I have an Elear w/ Elex pads which I love due to their impressive dynamics and Blon 03's for iem's. Just wondering if anyone with these headphones/iems can weigh on how they compare.
Thanks in advance!

Don't have the Elear, but I demoed a bunch of high-end headphones including the Focal Clear after I acquired the FD5 so I can replicate the IEM experience with full-sized cans and found that I much preferred the tonality and detail of the FD5, everything just sounds so crisp and coherent coming from this well tuned single DD. My favorite thing about the FD5 is the size of the soundstage and how it even competes and beats a lot of full-sized headphones in terms of width and imaging. It is without a doubt a worthy upgrade and compliment to your current setup.

Jul 18, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #1,147 of 1,891
Don't have the Elear, but I demoed a bunch of high-end headphones including the Focal Clear after I acquired the FD5 so I can replicate the IEM experience with full-sized cans and found that I much preferred the tonality and detail of the FD5, everything just sounds so crisp and coherent coming from this well tuned single DD. My favorite thing about the FD5 is the size of the soundstage and how it even competes and beats a lot of full-sized headphones in terms of width and imaging. It is without a doubt a worthy upgrade and compliment to your current setup.
Nice sum up.
Couldn't agree more.
The FD5 is going to replace my D9200. :L3000:
It's always a pleasure to plug these iems to the Mojo and have a listen.
Especially on higher ambient temperature. ^^

Have a great listen out there.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #1,148 of 1,891
Hey guys. I came here to ask for an opinion on tubes that you are using. What do you think of both of them? What's the pros and cons of each tube? In my opinion, the narrow tube is just a little bit stronger in bass and has a little more smooth sound, and wide tube is more agressive and surgical sounding. But that's how I hear it, I'd like to see what other people think about it. And sorry for my bad English.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,149 of 1,891
May i ask if someone has a recommendation for ear tips on the narrower tube?
The foam ones of my Etymotics do fit the tube, but are way to long for a comfortable fit.

Thank you. :)

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,151 of 1,891
Jul 23, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,152 of 1,891
Hey guys. I came here to ask for an opinion on tubes that you are using. What do you think of both of them? What's the pros and cons of each tube? In my opinion, the narrow tube is just a little bit stronger in bass and has a little more smooth sound, and wide tube is more agressive and surgical sounding. But that's how I hear it, I'd like to see what other people think about it. And sorry for my bad English.

I have bought the FD5s for a week now and I am about 70 hours of burn-in.

I can say that with the wide tube you get a much more engaging headstage and a more balanced sound than the narrow tube. The narrow tube keeps the highs at bay but feels like a simple IEM and the sound becomes less engaging also, out of the box the narrow tubes can only be used with the TriFlange EartTips which are very uncomfortable for me (I ordered the SpinFit CP800 to be able to to use). However, with the wide tube on some tracks the highs can be tiring but none of this if driven in Single Ended. In Single Ended the sound becomes more relaxed and the harshness that is sometimes there in balanced, vanishes.

I have tried several times and I am of the opinion that these IEMs sound much better in Single Ended and I recommend everyone to try

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,154 of 1,891
I have bought the FD5s for a week now and I am about 70 hours of burn-in.

I can say that with the wide tube you get a much more engaging headstage and a more balanced sound than the narrow tube. The narrow tube keeps the highs at bay but feels like a simple IEM and the sound becomes less engaging also, out of the box the narrow tubes can only be used with the TriFlange EartTips which are very uncomfortable for me (I ordered the SpinFit CP800 to be able to to use). However, with the wide tube on some tracks the highs can be tiring but none of this if driven in Single Ended. In Single Ended the sound becomes more relaxed and the harshness that is sometimes there in balanced, vanishes.

I have tried several times and I am of the opinion that these IEMs sound much better in Single Ended and I recommend everyone to try

What is Single Ended? I don't understand... Also, you can use Vocal Eartips on narrow tube. I'm using it like that and never experienced any problems. I agree that wide tube provide a little harsh sound, but I'm listening metal genres, sometimes very fast ones, and there is where that harsh and technical sound does it's job. The problem is I feel like a wide tube is a little too big for my ears, and it's painful for me to use it for more than an hour. Not sure what to do about it...

Jul 23, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #1,155 of 1,891
What is Single Ended? I don't understand... Also, you can use Vocal Eartips on narrow tube. I'm using it like that and never experienced any problems. I agree that wide tube provide a little harsh sound, but I'm listening metal genres, sometimes very fast ones, and there is where that harsh and technical sound does it's job. The problem is I feel like a wide tube is a little too big for my ears, and it's painful for me to use it for more than an hour. Not sure what to do about it...

Single ended is the unbalanced connection, in the case of the stock cable, you need to use the 3.5mm connector.

I also tried to use the vocal tips but they don't fit tightly on the narrow tubes and in any case I prefer the balanced tips.

I also listen to very hard music on medium high and high frequencies in fact I also feared that they would not have been for me and that as they had arrived I would have immediately mounted the narrow tube but I changed my mind.

If the narrow tubes bother you and cause you pain, unfortunately this is a subjective thing and you are forced to fall back on the narrow tubes and adopt ear tips that fit because in my opinion the Tri Flanges are really bad. Unfortunately, the magic that only wide tubes have is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back