FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #331 of 1,891
How about FD5 vs Believe?

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #332 of 1,891
Pulled the trigger on the FD5s after reading @RikudouGoku's review. Might have them end of January if I am lucky.

Wondering how they compare to the LZ A6 with red filters?

Bought the A6 from @RikudouGoku review too, not a single regret, they are excellent. From the reviews the FD5 shares with the A6 the huge sound stage, impactful bass, and fair amount of treble detail. I've seen how they compare to the LZ A7 but the A6 is apparently a different beast and I don't have the A7.

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #333 of 1,891
Pulled the trigger on the FD5s after reading @RikudouGoku's review. Might have them end of January if I am lucky.

Wondering how they compare to the LZ A6 with red filters?

Bought the A6 from @RikudouGoku review too, not a single regret, they are excellent. From the reviews the FD5 shares with the A6 the huge sound stage, impactful bass, and fair amount of treble detail. I've seen how they compare to the LZ A7 but the A6 is apparently a different beast and I don't have the A7.
The A6 and the FD5 are very different. Having both is a great combo since the A6 is going for that unique and exotic sound while the FD5 is going for a natural sound.

Thanks for the trust. :thumbsup:

Jan 3, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #334 of 1,891
Spent some quality time listening to the FD5+ Symbio W+ ISN CU4+ M15. This combo sound stupendous. I can listen using silicones again. Bass becomes world class. Mids has a bit of warmth. Treble is smoothed out. This cable I am using will be permanently on the FD5 from this point forward.

Easiest mod of all. A nice warm resolving copper cable.
DSC07829.JPG

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #336 of 1,891
@chickenmoon how do the ns5 mk2 compare to the fd5? I had the original ns5 and it actually sounded really good.

It's neutral/bright. I measured it and its curve is so similar to the Oxygen I think they use the same driver. It's a bit flatter than the Oxygen, less bass and a tiny bit less upper mids and although I haven't compared the two by ear yet I believe the NS5 edges the Oxygen in most ways. So, not too much in common with the FD5 aside they are two rather excellent IEMs IMHO.

Jan 4, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #337 of 1,891
Jan 4, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #339 of 1,891
I think maybe the ultimate test on whether cables make a noticeable change to sound will be using a copper cable on an IEM that is too hot for someone in the treble area. Your ears don't have to be sensitive to hear less of something. I am just curious to know. Not discrediting anybody. I personally heard no changes using a copper cable with what was bright for me.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #341 of 1,891
wow, awesome review of FD5, chapeau to you @davidmolliere.
Looking forward to the comparison to ISN H40. would you consider the FD5 a solid upgrade for the H40?cheers, Jose

Thanks, I haven't gotten time for the comparison section I'll try my best, those take almost as much time as the review itself :wink:

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #342 of 1,891
Thanks, I haven't gotten time for the comparison section I'll try my best, those take almost as much time as the review itself :wink:
They really do.

Jan 4, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #343 of 1,891
Initial impressions: crazy sounding iems! Soundstage is ridiculous! Sourcery going on in my ears right now as I can't believe the level of detail, clarity, separation and especially that phenomenal stage. Mids are fuller then the nm2+ with better emotions and have a much more expanded stage aswell. They are a clear upgrade over them. Already this is my best iem to date with only a bit of listening. In all honesty they sound perfect to me from bass to treble and overall easily take the crown from my collection of iems.

For my vocals listening they are second place (soo far) because I've just realised that the kpe's mids must just be that special for my tastes and no iem may ever beat it for me in that department (fd5 is close however). The fd5 needs a bit more body in male vocals to compete here but I am perfectly happy with how they sound. Overall they slaughter the kpe anyways but it's just that I love the kpe's very sweet and emotional mids.

Attachments

• P_20210104_153039.jpg
    P_20210104_153039.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • P_20210104_152945.jpg
    P_20210104_152945.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #344 of 1,891
Initial impressions: crazy sounding iems! Soundstage is ridiculous! Sourcery going on in my ears right now as I can't believe the level of detail, clarity, separation and especially that phenomenal stage. Mids are fuller then the nm2+ with better emotions and have a much more expanded stage aswell. They are a clear upgrade over them. Already this is my best iem to date with only a bit of listening. In all honesty they sound perfect to me from bass to treble and overall easily take the crown from my collection of iems.

For my vocals listening they are second place (soo far) because I've just realised that the kpe's mids must just be that special for my tastes and no iem may ever beat it for me in that department (fd5 is close however). The fd5 needs a bit more body in male vocals to compete here but I am perfectly happy with how they sound. Overall they slaughter the kpe anyways but it's just that I love the kpe's very sweet and emotional mids.
Glad you enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #345 of 1,891
Thanks a lot @RikudouGoku and @Dsnuts as I especially seeked help from both of you and waited patiently for your review/impressions. I can confirm that this is my favourite purchase and you both were right about them. Now my concentration will be to further tweak them for improvement. I wanna zap every bit of sound bliss from them as possible lol. I have cables and some filters to work with In the coming days and will post more impressions in due time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back