FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 24, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #2,298 of 2,794
Jan 25, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #2,299 of 2,794
I'm not sure if anyone else has stated this but the imaging on FH7s is absolutely amazing. I believe beter then FH9. For some reason that one did not impress me as much although it has been sometime since I had them and cannot complete direct comparison. Love these! Funny no real love from reviews on YouTube. For me these are keepers and now my daily drivers. So fun to listen to.

Jan 25, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #2,300 of 2,794
I'm not sure if anyone else has stated this but the imaging on FH7s is absolutely amazing. I believe beter then FH9. For some reason that one did not impress me as much although it has been sometime since I had them and cannot complete direct comparison. Love these! Funny no real love from reviews on YouTube. For me these are keepers and now my daily drivers. So fun to listen to.
I'm of the same opinion whilst I do enjoy the FH9 I actually prefer the FH7S as my daily driver, more forward in the mid bass region than the FH9 which suits the genres of music I predominantly listen to, slightly rolled off highs as well which suits me since I'm treble sensitive, add SpinFit CP100+ equals bliss, pairs really well with the BTR7 :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #2,301 of 2,794
I'm thinking about picking up these.

I love the FH9s sound but they're just too heavy for long listening sessions... Would I feel like I made a downgrade moving to the FH7s?

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #2,302 of 2,794
I'm thinking about picking up these.

I love the FH9s sound but they're just too heavy for long listening sessions... Would I feel like I made a downgrade moving to the FH7s?
Short answer no not really, FH7S is not really a downgrade sonically more of a sidestep despite the price difference. FH7S uses the same drivers as the FH9 just less of them and tuned differently eg: more emphasis on the mid bass (sub bass is still there as per FH9) treble not as bright and not quite as extended as the FH9, treble more in style of Sennheiser if that makes sense?

Jan 25, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #2,303 of 2,794
Jan 25, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #2,304 of 2,794
Short answer no not really, FH7S is not really a downgrade sonically more of a sidestep despite the price difference. FH7S uses the same drivers as the FH9 just less of them and tuned differently eg: more emphasis on the mid bass (sub bass is still there as per FH9) treble not as bright and not quite as extended as the FH9, treble more in style of Sennheiser if that makes sense?
Kind of (only have Momentum 4 right now as far as Sennheier goes).

I'll grab a pair from Amazon. A lighter FH9 is all I wanted and right now it was either this or the Xenns Top (which aren't readily available in UK).

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #2,305 of 2,794
Kind of (only have Momentum 4 right now as far as Sennheier goes).

I'll grab a pair from Amazon. A lighter FH9 is all I wanted and right now it was either this or the Xenns Top (which aren't readily available in UK).
If you like the FH9 you will like the FH7S different but similar, enjoy :relaxed:

Jan 25, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #2,306 of 2,794
Jan 28, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,307 of 2,794
I have made my homeworks.

About the over filtering for the vents, the best value is 700 (500 plus 200).

Perfect balance. Epic.

I also had fun listening to the Fh9s again, without this mod... I can't do it anymore... 😭😭🤔🧐

they are actually taken to a completely another level, thanks to this mod. Cost of the operation: a few cents.

We are talking about that :

https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/10...t_main.5.21ef5e5bMjfmz1&gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite

Here :

See the little circle.

Here with the right cable and tips... 😎
Have fun. :beerchug:
I tried this and like the results. It was VERY difficult working with the filters, but I got them in place and love the boost in sub bass.

Jan 29, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #2,308 of 2,794
I tried this and like the results. It was VERY difficult working with the filters, but I got them in place and love the boost in sub bass.
It is really a good move pal. You make my day. 👍

Finally, I have retrograded to a more conservative 500 value.

But, I maintain : 700 is the "basshead but still balanced rendition" value. 🥰😎

Caution : with green filters on.

Feb 5, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #2,310 of 2,794
So I broke down and bought the FH9. Too bad my pair came with a scuff on the right IEM!

I've already initiated an Amazon return but that hasn't stopped me from listening for first impressions.

These are very, very good sounding. After messing around I ended up with the bi-flange tips and the treble sound filter. I'm quite impressed with the detail retrieval. I was expecting good after reading through this thread but they were even better than I was expecting.

All this and they only have about 3 hours of burn in time. I'm excited to get my replacement pair and do the proper burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back