FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jul 23, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,907 of 2,783
(oops!)

Jul 24, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,912 of 2,783
Jul 26, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #1,914 of 2,783
I'm just discovering the FH9s that I recently purchased. Out of the box with the black filters, SpinFit tips, my good old WM1A and the latest Porcupine Tree, I was immediately impressed by the soundstage and the resolution. It's both fun, well-defined and balanced. To see now how it behaves with other styles of music less well produced than the PT.
How's FH9 sub-bass? Does it rumble enough?

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:11 AM Post #1,915 of 2,783
Yes. But it is not a "sub bass monster".

All is balanced.

Jul 26, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #1,917 of 2,783
Exactly.

Jul 26, 2022 at 6:13 AM Post #1,918 of 2,783
How's FH9 sub-bass? Does it rumble enough?

My two cents after auditioning it multiple times (and still cannot decide): FH9 bass is stronger than what the graph suggests and has a visceral physical feeling. The upper extension is also quite decent, especially if you use the treble filter. All and all, it’s a high level IEM that is easily endgame. I’m in a pickle because I have Andromeda, otherwise I would have bought it already.

Jul 26, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #1,919 of 2,783
My two cents after auditioning it multiple times (and still cannot decide): FH9 bass is stronger than what the graph suggests and has a visceral physical feeling. The upper extension is also quite decent, especially if you use the treble filter. All and all, it’s a high level IEM that is easily endgame. I’m in a pickle because I have Andromeda, otherwise I would have bought it already.

"visceral physical feeling" = yes. Absolutely.

And the whole restitution is meaty (lot of density).

Jul 27, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #1,920 of 2,783
Sub-bass and bass are more emphasized than neutral with an impactful, rumbling and imposing presentation while technicalities stay great.
Because I did auditioned FH9 last 2 weeks. I like it but at final moment I tried song "Masterpiece - Jessie J". At seconds 7-8, there is sub bass rumble/ echoes (i dont know what it called). I totally can't hear it! I was super surprised! Other 4-5 songs dont have issue with bass. Weird.

Moondrop Blessing 2 also can't hear that subbass. I also tested UM MEST MK2, i can hear it loud. My Sony XBA-N3 no issue. I don't think it's because not properly sealed (proper tips). Maybe u guys can try listen that song, and let me know here. I'll definitely try FH9 again. Like it (especially soundstage, almost feels like headphone).

Note: I have small ears and it's shell is bigger than FiiO FH3 but it fits and feels lightweight to my ears (the cable feels thick and heavy though).

Note: I owned FH3 before but after purchased Sony N3, I can hear FH3's metallic timbre and turned me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back