FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #1,771 of 2,767
thank you both very much! would you say the the FH9 is bright at all? does it have less treble amount then the full size hd 800s for example which is too much for me and more like the treble in the hd650 or lcd2-f which i do prefer for treble amount? those are the only references i have
The FH9 treble is smooth and controlled still very extended and resolving.
Nothing to do with the HD800.
No alarming peaks, no treble valleys.
Some people even use it with the treble filters to add more treble!
No me though, I like the balanced.

Feb 21, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #1,774 of 2,767
I had the Timeless, FH3 and OH10's and sold/returned them all. I'm done for now. Going to enjoy the FH9's for a while. They make my library sing and make me euphoric all over again. I love the boldness and dynamism of the sound with that thick bass, it's just delicious.
I have the FH3 and i love it, i really enjoy music with it's tuning. How would you compared the two in terms of sound signature, detail retrieval and sub-bass extension?

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #1,776 of 2,767
Unfortunately after a couple of weeks I decided to return them. It was only because of its weight.

I've always being an absolutist when it comes to comfort, and after years or light stuff like the IT00 (4g) I just couldn't get used to the 13g of the FH9s.

It's very unfortunate because I was a big fan of everything else, specifically the soundstage.

Feb 23, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #1,777 of 2,767
Unfortunately after a couple of weeks I decided to return them. It was only because of its weight.

I've always being an absolutist when it comes to comfort, and after years or light stuff like the IT00 (4g) I just couldn't get used to the 13g of the FH9s.

It's very unfortunate because I was a big fan of everything else, specifically the soundstage.

That's a shame. Most of my IEMs are on the heavy side so FH9 have been fine for me. Must have been a tough decision!

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #1,778 of 2,767
That's a shame. Most of my IEMs are on the heavy side so FH9 have been fine for me. Must have been a tough decision!
Well yeah. I'm now on the hunt for an IEM with similar soundstage (what I enjoyed the most about the FH9s) but lighter shell.

Receiving some FH5s (will be used with a copper cable) tomorrow to see how they feel.

Feb 25, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #1,780 of 2,767
Thank me and your ears later. FH9 :relaxed::smile:

Mar 1, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,783 of 2,767
I love the black finish!

20220130_132729.jpg

Mar 1, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #1,784 of 2,767
Mar 1, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #1,785 of 2,767

Soundstage is something rare in In-Ear and hard to reproduce, especially when you want something lighter then the 13g of the FH9

Thats like nothing :xf_eek:

Good sound needs good materials and good materials cause weight.

Even the plastic IER-M7 comes with 9g and that thing weighs like nothing, it even swims in milk.

I think the largest soundstage I heard in an In-Ear so far was with the Final A8000, but as I personally don't consider Soundstage the most important factor and I didn't really liked the other aspects of it, I don't own it.

But if Soundstage is your thing, I'd say try the A8000 or, if this is still too heavy, the A4000

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back