FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #1,756 of 2,785
That sounds promising. I really love the FA9 and I want to try other FiiO flagships. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #1,757 of 2,785
The R&D Story of FH9-From @JamesFiiO: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/story-the-r-d-story-of-fh9-from-jamesfiio.961836/

Chapter 5 About Tuning and Purchase Suggestion for FiiO Earphones at 600USD Level

As for sound tuning, it is a highly subjective issue as everyone has different preferences for sound. So it’s quite common that different users hold different views.
FiiO is a global brand, which means we need to take into account the listening needs of various regions. In terms of sound tuning, we have always focused on a balance sound, and polished them to meet the needs of different regions, different groups of people, and different music.
Of course, there is and will be no standard to judge the sound quality of headphones. The FH9 has been well received since its launch, and from our sales figure, it has performed very well at its price. The FH9 has a balanced sound, especially in terms of sound stage and dynamic performance, which is much better than other FiiO headphones. Some users even say that with a wide sound field of FH9, the experience just like listening by over-ear headphones.
The following is an excerpt from the review of a FH9 user:
Fh9 just like a huge audio space, with various instruments well equipped in precise position and an orderly manner. Three frequencies are overall balanced and will not particularly over-stress one frequency. They are connected so naturally that create a real and huge sense of space! The sound of FH9 is very attractive! It makes me feel that Fh9 is not only a pair or earphones, but over-ear headphones.
Although there are many praises, I also received a lot of suggestions to improve the shortcomings from the audition activities. I am also very grateful to FiiO fans for their active participation, enthusiastic communication, and valuable suggestions. I will keep improving FiiO's products in the future.
FiiO released three products at the price level of 600USD. I made a horizontal comparison. There are many subjective factors for hearing experience. Everyone has different preferences and needs, which is like electric vehicles and gasoline vehicles, MT, AT, CVT transmission; sense of technology, fun, feelings, speed, durability, smoothness, fuel saving, etc. Each one has different advantages and disadvantages. It is best to choose the right product according to your own needs, and try it before buying.
The following is mainly a reference, based on a ten-point system, only represents the horizontal comparison between the three products of FiiO, and only represents my personal suggestions.
FH9 and M17 are the biggest surprises of FiiO in 2021, not only for the sales success, but more importantly, to make more high-end audiophiles feel impressive at FiiO's products. As one of the founders and executives of the company, what makes us even more happier is that more and more young people in FiiO have taken up the burden and made achievements that surpassed ours in their respective fields. In fact, my personal involvement in FH9 this time is almost zero. With such achievements, we are full of confidence in the future, and we can also see that they will continue to offer all of you more excellent products.
5.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 10, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #1,758 of 2,785
I like these IEMS so much that I couldn't wait for the black colour so I ordered the titanium first (in stock) and ordered a second pair in black. (arriving sometime in March due to delayed shipments from CNY) I'll sell my titanium coloured ones to be completely satisfied because the black is gorgeous compared to the gray.

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #1,759 of 2,785
Bought a pair, will be with me tomorrow. The main draw was the soundstage. I almost went for the FH5s pro, hoping the cable would really fix them, then I decided to go all in.

After being disappointed by the 7hz (comfort issues and almost too technical), I'm curious to see if I can finally find something convincingly superior to my modest favourite set, the IT00.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #1,760 of 2,785
Bought a pair, will be with me tomorrow. The main draw was the soundstage. I almost went for the FH5s pro, hoping the cable would really fix them, then I decided to go all in.

After being disappointed by the 7hz (comfort issues and almost too technical), I'm curious to see if I can finally find something convincingly superior to my modest favourite set, the IT00.
I had the Timeless, FH3 and OH10's and sold/returned them all. I'm done for now. Going to enjoy the FH9's for a while. They make my library sing and make me euphoric all over again. I love the boldness and dynamism of the sound with that thick bass, it's just delicious.

Feb 11, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,761 of 2,785
Alright. I agree with everything said before. This track especially was ridiculous. Green filters with stock spin-fit.

It's fun as anything I used, and it gives you all the details without being fatiguing. Impressive. I remember buying the original F9 back in the day, what a journey for Fiio.

P.S. By the way, I went in with the desire to dislike them and return them, asking myself if they're worth 10 times the price of my beloved IT00s. They are.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #1,762 of 2,785
The Fiio FH9 and Fiio BTR5-2021 have fantastic symmetry together!

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #1,763 of 2,785
I wrote on my review these are going for a similar level as something like the UM MEST. IER Z1R even the CA Solaris-- Fiios take on that sound signature. Musical big bold sounding. Of course each one of these have their own thing going on. But you see the price difference of the FH9 vs the other 3 that I mentioned here.
I somewhat disagree as this makes it sound like the FH9 is way cheaper than its competitors.

I had the FiiO FH9 for a test (two times) and i don't see how it compares with the IER-Z1R at all.

There is, of course, a strong dependency to the Source but i was testing all of them with the TA-ZH1ES (so all on the same source) and there was a big gap between the IER-Z1R and the FiiO FH9 in all areas.

I felt that the FiiO FH9 sits between the XBA-N3 and the XBA-Z5 while the XBA-Z5 being superior in most aspects and the XBA-N3 being inferior in most aspects.

XBA-N3 MSRP is 399€ and XBA-Z5 MSRP is 699€

So i'd say the FiiO FH9 sits, with 599€, exactly in the middle and inside the price range of its competitors, at least given the TA-ZH1ES as a source. The experience was similar with the WM1Z, but the gap was not as big as with the TA-ZH1ES which shows, the better your source, the bigger the difference.

Feb 16, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #1,764 of 2,785
Really loving the FH9, quickly has become my go to general purpose IEM

Fiio BTA30 > LDAC > BTR5 / 5K > Short cable > FH9, love the open sound as it allows me to listen to music / watch movies etc without blocking all noise, great for home listening

Zen Stream > Singxer SDA-6 Pro > Singxer SA1 > FH9, wow just wow, the sound is really dynamic and impactful

a great IEM from Fiio

20220216_155757.jpg20220216_155834.jpg20220216_160621.jpg

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #1,765 of 2,785
Really loving the FH9, quickly has become my go to general purpose IEM

Fiio BTA30 > LDAC > BTR5 / 5K > Short cable > FH9, love the open sound as it allows me to listen to music / watch movies etc without blocking all noise, great for home listening

Zen Stream > Singxer SDA-6 Pro > Singxer SA1 > FH9, wow just wow, the sound is really dynamic and impactful

a great IEM from Fiio

Thanks for your share. It is so funny!

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,767 of 2,785
would the FH9 be good vor music were bass matters like edm/dance music and pop and movies and games were there is a lot of action? would it be better then the moondrop variations for that? and would it be more comfortable then the moondrop variations?

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #1,768 of 2,785
would the FH9 be good vor music were bass matters like edm/dance music and pop and movies and games were there is a lot of action? would it be better then the moondrop variations for that? and would it be more comfortable then the moondrop variations?
I don't know if it is more comfortable but it is comfortable in it's own as for sound performance it is made for such use scenarios.
The best!

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #1,769 of 2,785
My variations are on the shelf with the arrival of fh9. This is a different level in all respects, as for me.

Feb 17, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #1,770 of 2,785
I don't know if it is more comfortable but it is comfortable in it's own as for sound performance it is made for such use scenarios.
The best!

My variations are on the shelf with the arrival of fh9. This is a different level in all respects, as for me.
thank you both very much! would you say the the FH9 is bright at all? does it have less treble amount then the full size hd 800s for example which is too much for me and more like the treble in the hd650 or lcd2-f which i do prefer for treble amount? those are the only references i have

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back