FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #1,321 of 2,785
I am treble sensitive, depending on where peaks are located. 6k slays me. 8k is quite alright.

Yeah, 2-pin for the win for me, also.

For the treble sensitive, I can vouch that the ThieAudio Legacy 5 is a mighty fine unit at the same price as the FH5s.

For those without treble sensitivity would the FH5s be a worthy upgrade from the Tri Starsea or the ThieAudio Legacy 4?

For me, the upgrade is significant, but I am not treble sensitive, FH5s is not smooth

Jun 30, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,324 of 2,785
Thanks to a number of you - not to mention the reviews from @Dobrescu George and @Ichos, I have a set on the way.

They seem like they will slot in perfectly in between the sound signatures I have. Also, glad I got one in silver, seems like everyone has been reviewing the black one, but for its touted sound character and design, the silver just looks incredible to me.

Looking forward to posting a review with comparisons to the Utopia and other IEMs.

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,328 of 2,785
I have the b and C (not both 4.4) and while the look and feel good I'm not a fan of the microphonics on both.

I prefer the kbear rhyme which I would recommend.
Thanks, but where I live I can't get the KBear Rhyme😬

Do you guys think this will work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-214557_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-214557_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210630-214713_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-214713_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,329 of 2,785
Thanks to a number of you - not to mention the reviews from @Dobrescu George and @Ichos, I have a set on the way.

They seem like they will slot in perfectly in between the sound signatures I have. Also, glad I got one in silver, seems like everyone has been reviewing the black one, but for its touted sound character and design, the silver just looks incredible to me.

Looking forward to posting a review with comparisons to the Utopia and other IEMs.

I hope they will bring endless fun to you~~~

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #1,330 of 2,785
I am familiar with all those 8core and 16 core cables, also with the fiio cable. But what do you want from the cable? what are you looking for? I personally enjoy a lot the fiio cable, very sturdy, great for an iem an sturdy cable, with sturdy connections, looks much stronger and better finished than one of those custom made ones.

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #1,331 of 2,785
Thanks, but where I live I can't get the KBear Rhyme😬

Do you guys think this will work?

They will all work but as above depends what you are looking for in a cable.

Fiio have that nice sturdy Jack and connectors but cable is not as supple as those 8/16 core alternatives. Also the earhooks can be aggressively curved depending on the iem you use them with. I would just also just pay attention to the chin cinch if you use that and preformed earhooks etc.

It's a much cheaper gamble for the two you suggested. :)

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #1,332 of 2,785
They will all work but as above depends what you are looking for in a cable.

Fiio have that nice sturdy Jack and connectors but cable is not as supple as those 8/16 core alternatives. Also the earhooks can be aggressively curved depending on the iem you use them with. I would just also just pay attention to the chin cinch if you use that and preformed earhooks etc.

It's a much cheaper gamble for the two you suggested. :)
Thanks. The Fiio cable that comes with the FH3 is too stiff for me and it has quite a lof of microphonics. I'm looking for a more flexible cable, but it is still has to have good quality. The two that I suggested should probably work for me. Strangely the 8 core one is more expemsive than the 16 core cable🤔🤔

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #1,333 of 2,785
16 core is certainly a delight to use, flows like water. I also have 8 core, but 16 core even more impressive... 16 core they are very thin cores though, and cable overall very thick... can break easily those cores, if you have a cat or friends with cats... game over, not with the fiio basic. I´m in a similar situation, having to choose what cable to buy for my audeze... I love the 16 core, but it is less resistant in the end I think...

Jun 30, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,334 of 2,785
16 core is certainly a delight to use, flows like water. I also have 8 core, but 16 core even more impressive... 16 core they are very thin cores though, and cable overall very thick... can break easily those cores, if you have a cat or friends with cats... game over, not with the fiio basic. I´m in a similar situation, having to choose what cable to buy for my audeze... I love the 16 core, but it is less resistant in the end I think...
I don't have cats only a dog😂. I also have a 16 core cable for my Hifiman Sundaras and it is just so perfect. So I should probably go for the 16 core one then?....

Jun 30, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #1,335 of 2,785
Well, I do not know what you need, so I can't advise you better than yourself, but I think 16 core is the way to go. I am going to buy me the 16 core cable for my audeze... If I could find something more normal, for half the price, I would certainly prefer it rather than this 16 core snake. It's an un-necesarry over cost. That being said though, it is not a guimmick, these 16 core cables sound better, very little impedance, higher spl, more clarity in the sound... they never get tangled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back