FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #691 of 2,767
No, don't stop. You are bringing up points that are worthy of discussion. Like other's have said, take reviews with a grain of salt. They ain't you.

From varying sources, it sure sounds like the FH3 is a solid-performing IEM, especially for the price. I may end up getting one. I already have a FH1s and a DUNU DK-2001. The FH3 overlaps with my current herd.
Comparison dk2001 vs fh3 please,
thank you,

Oct 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #692 of 2,767
I wonder why they haven't used the same dynamic driver they use in FH5, that set has stellar bass, better than most IEMs I've heard, drums sound like you're sitting next to them, it manages to sound much more exciting while keeping a similar volume with FH3. FH3 in comparation sounds average. Was it to check the box for the new beryllium fad? Maybe not to undercut sales of FH5? A shame, the dynamic from FH5 with the mids of FH3 would've been something special, as it stands there is nothing special to me about this set, just another generic IEM.

Oct 28, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #694 of 2,767
I have mine for sale in case anyone is interested. No QC problems or other anomalies on my set, very slight driver flex upon insertion but perfect after that. Bought from Penon early October so excellent support should it be needed :)

Oct 28, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #695 of 2,767
This is a great time to buy the FH3 from Amazon if it's available in your country, since the holiday return period is in effect through the end of January in case of QC issues.

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #696 of 2,767
I wonder why they haven't used the same dynamic driver they use in FH5, that set has stellar bass, better than most IEMs I've heard, drums sound like you're sitting next to them, it manages to sound much more exciting while keeping a similar volume with FH3. FH3 in comparation sounds average. Was it to check the box for the new beryllium fad? Maybe not to undercut sales of FH5? A shame, the dynamic from FH5 with the mids of FH3 would've been something special, as it stands there is nothing special to me about this set, just another generic IEM.

So out of the two, which is your favorite?

Is the FH5 worth the extra 80 dollars/pounds?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #697 of 2,767
Tuning is a system project.Dynamic Driver and BA need to be mutually compatible.The FH5 and FH3 have slightly different bass styles.FH5 is more emotional.The FH3 is faster and clearer.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 31, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #699 of 2,767
Here are my thoughts on these IEMs, for anyone interested!

These are my first IEMs (I usually listen with over ears) and after listening with the FiiO FH3s for a week I must say I’m very impressed by them so far! (All my listening has been through using my Hiby R5 DAP, via the FiiO provided 3.5mm cable.)

I find the sound to be clear, enabling me to pick out the different sounds of the music. There is a nice strong thud to the bass with these IEMs, but I find this to be very clear and defined, not bloated or muddy and it doesn’t detract from the mids or the treble. The mids are there, the tonality sounds good and vocals are prominent. Treble is nice and clear without sounding bright and I don’t find these IEMs to be fatiguing from the treble.

The fit of these IEMs is very good: they fit nicely, are comfy and the fact they’re light in weight means I don’t notice they’re in my ear, even after long listening sessions of a couple of hours or so.

The IEMs are supplied with several different types of eartips in 3 sizes that all alter the sound slightly, which I found to be beneficial to me so that I could change the eartips accordingly until I found the eartip type and size that fitted me best and provided me with the sound signature I preferred. Additionally the hard case and soft pouch are useful for storing the IEMs.

The noise isolation of these IEMs is very good - I wear these for my daily commute and they’ve isolated most of the external noise, including the rumble of a bus engine.

Definitely would recommended to anyone who is looking for a good daily use pair of IEMs or someone buying their first IEMS!

FH3 - 1.JPGFH3 - 7.JPGFH3 - 5.JPGFH3 - 2.JPGFH3 - 3.JPGFH3 - 4.JPGFH3 - 6.JPG

Nov 2, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #700 of 2,767
FH3 review
I paid full 145 USD. Well how to describe the sound? Well it's quite natural and neautral without any peaks and bass that is mostly sub-bass focused so it can sound a bit dry when compared to ybf sometimes. Resolution is good, probably 20% better than ybf, ybf can be veiled a bit in comparison. Soundstage is intimate tbh, YBF has sound coming from a bit further so it can sound a bit bigger, but ybf's uncontrolled and really punchy bass can muddy stuff up a bit because it gets louder than other frequencies. But a bit more bass on FH3 would welcome because it needs to have a bit more punch so it doesn't sound as dry and monitoring like (which was probably their goal). OFC with intimate experience you get perfect imaging which is also good on ybf. Timbre is really nature compared to ybf, ybf definitely has timbre issues in upper frequencies due to being boosted and not technical enough to handle it. Yes FH3 bass can punch well when a punch is needed but still on calmer songs it's tiny bit lacking to get more body to sound and vocals because once again it's more of a dry sound signature. Treble on FH3 is really good nothing is peaky and it's clear, no complaints, but perhaps little boost would be welcome to make it more fun. Fit is eh well average, the thing is massive compared to ybf and aims for deep inseertion so they are tip picky. Overall good stuff and would probably put it a bit higher than YBF (A). So FH3 would be A++ due to more natural sound and treble that is not ****ed up.

Nov 2, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #701 of 2,767
Guys... I highly doubt it's a batch thing. You guys are just not giving enough juice to the FH3's DD. Sure the BAs will play loud no matter what you feed it, but the DD needs more amperage to really shine.

It's been said quite a lot on this thread. I was skeptical but now I'm testing the FH3 balanced on my Lotoo PAW S1 the bass is really better than off an apple dongle or cellphone, which feels sloppy compared to the faster and meatier bass that I'm getting now.

Same here. Lotoo Paw S1 + IT01S balanced sound at another whole level vs my LG G8S. The bass have more juice, and overall the sq is improved.

Nov 4, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #702 of 2,767
Hey, hey, anyone, any idea if the FH3 will be in the black friday sale? (UK amazon)
Dear friend,

Maybe you could contact the seller via Amazon about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 7, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #705 of 2,767
Same here. Lotoo Paw S1 + IT01S balanced sound at another whole level vs my LG G8S. The bass have more juice, and overall the sq is improved.

A bit late, but i totally concur. These get loud enough even with an Apple dongle, but without quite a bit more juice they sound rather flat (the FD1 behave somewhat similar and i'm starting to wonder if my not quite as good as hoped for experience with the FH7 was at least in part caused by me running them exclusively with an LG V40).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back