FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #679 of 2,767
I don't understand why some people who review IEM'S rate these so low.
Some people might find them boring, it’s the price of balance. Also if they’re expecting a technicality monster with the BAs it’s not really that, it has other virtues. But on the whole I haven’t seen an actually negative review, they’ve been pretty well hyped. QC is the only possible downfall and I’ve not run across any reviewers saying otherwise.

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #680 of 2,767
Some people might find them boring, it’s the price of balance. Also if they’re expecting a technicality monster with the BAs it’s not really that, it has other virtues. But on the whole I haven’t seen an actually negative review, they’ve been pretty well hyped. QC is the only possible downfall and I’ve not run across any reviewers saying otherwise.

I just looked at good guys list. Its rated as a C+. That seems way to low in my books.

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #681 of 2,767
I just looked at good guys list. Its rated as a C+. That seems way to low in my books.
He has very specific taste and if it doesn’t match yours his recs won’t make much sense to you.

Oct 25, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #682 of 2,767
I'm into a lot of the bands he's into (rock), which suit excellent bass. After reading most of the reviews, the FH3 shines in the bass area.

Personally, it hasn't put me off.

Oct 25, 2020 at 10:21 PM Post #685 of 2,767
And Crinnacle gave it an A-. So what is to be concluded? Everyone has different hearing, different music tastes, and different sonic preferences, Crinnacle for example is more into the diffuse field target that is more flat, while BGGAR is more into bass heavy IEMs and probably more treble as well... so you should figure out what reviewer’s tastes come closest to yours. They do have some overlap - both really liked the S8F. Best if you have some IEMs that the reviewers have and you can compare your view of the IEM to the reviewer’s to see if your tastes are compatible. That they like the same music genres as you is a start, but far from the finish.

Oct 26, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #686 of 2,767

Lol it's one guy's opinion man, what you gonna do, make him change it?

Oct 26, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #687 of 2,767
Lol it's one guy's opinion man, what you gonna do, make him change it?
Ha ha. The only point i was trying to make is the variation of reviews some IEM's get. But yeah i guess your right. It depends on the music.

I'll step down from posting comments on this subject as i seem to be getting a good butt kicking.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #688 of 2,767
Ha ha. The only point i was trying to make is the variation of reviews some IEM's get. But yeah i guess your right. It depends on the music.

I'll step down from posting comments on this subject as i seem to be getting a good butt kicking.
Listen to it for yourself if you can.
Contact a dealer or borrow a friend's IEM's to listen.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #689 of 2,767

I don't think anyone's out to get you!

Oct 26, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #690 of 2,767

No, don't stop. You are bringing up points that are worthy of discussion. Like other's have said, take reviews with a grain of salt. They ain't you.

From varying sources, it sure sounds like the FH3 is a solid-performing IEM, especially for the price. I may end up getting one. I already have a FH1s and a DUNU DK-2001. The FH3 overlaps with my current herd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back