@Dsnuts @RikudouGoku
I need a little bit of help,
there is a really good deal, used tin P1,
I already have the FH3,
could you do a comparison FH3 vs P1 ?
and does it worth getting it?

thank you so much,
*amping is not a problem,
You need EQ with the P1 to make it sound good, if you cant use a EQ (paragraphic EQ) then forget about the P1. If you can use EQ, the FH3 is still better and similar sound profile to my own P1 + EQ preset.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #559 of 2,767
Oct 6, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #562 of 2,767
@FiiO the FH3 are great, but the stock cable which you give to them is mismatched, they sound much better with other cables e.g. pure copper 7N, mixed spc/ofc 4x
(also this stock cable is too stiff)
Please do consider changing

Which cable do you use and how much was it?

Oct 6, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #563 of 2,767
@FiiO the FH3 are great, but the stock cable which you give to them is mismatched, they sound much better with other cables e.g. pure copper 7N, mixed spc/ofc 4x
(also this stock cable is too stiff)
Please do consider changing
I agree, I have paired mine with a 7N UP-OCC copper cable and felt that it was a nice improvement. Also more comfortable than the heavy stock cable.

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #564 of 2,767
I found the stock FH3 cable to sound okay, but it was very unwieldy to handle.

Oct 7, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #565 of 2,767
That's my experience too. The iems were singing with the Norne pure silver wire, even out of my smartphone's 3.5mm output. Imho Fiio should bundle a cable similar to the DK2001: 24awg thin, flexible and with a modular 3.5/2.5mm plug. It can be copper, no problem (for cost reduction) as long as it's not as stiff as the current one.
Also the mmcx was a bit too tight. It was looser on the silver cable but the signal never disconnected.

Oct 8, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #566 of 2,767
Just tried the FH3 with the Kbear Rhyme I got in my AliExpress haul today, synergizes very well, such smoothness and body. I do feel like the treble might be the weakest point of the FH3 though, just a little too recessed sometimes, and if you find it too mellow then a pure silver cable might be better? But I also have the T2+ which I find to have slightly superior (or perhaps just more emphasized) treble, so the added smoothness and body with the Rhyme and FH3 is perfect for the IEM duo I got going right now.

Incidentally I did get the NM2+ in today as well, and it’s might not be the tuning I’m looking for. Seems great for what it is, just maybe not what I want, so I may sell it and stick with the T2+ and FH3... and try not to purchase the Mangird Tea which I just saw is back up on Drop...

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #567 of 2,767
Incidentally I did get the NM2+ in today as well, and it’s definitely not the tuning I’m looking for. Seems great for what it is, just not for what I want, so I’m selling it and sticking to the T2+ and FH3
Hi! I am also interested in the NM2+ and would be interested to hear your comparison to the FH3. How does the fit compare? Any particular pros/cons?

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #568 of 2,767
Just tried the FH3 with the Kbear Rhyme I got in my AliExpress haul today, synergizes very well, such smoothness and body. I do feel like the treble might be the weakest point of the FH3 though, just a little too recessed sometimes, and if you find it too mellow then a pure silver cable might be better? But I also have the T2+ which I find to have slightly superior (or perhaps just more emphasized) treble, so the added smoothness and body with the Rhyme and FH3 is perfect for the IEM duo I got going right now.

Incidentally I did get the NM2+ in today as well, and it’s definitely not the tuning I’m looking for. Seems great for what it is, just not for what I want, so I’m selling it and sticking to the T2+ and FH3... and trying not to purchase the Mangird Tea which I just saw is back up on Drop...
I never touch my T2+ again after getting the FH3,
the bass is so loose and very harsh upper mid and treble, at least with my library, mostly metal.

Oct 9, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #569 of 2,767
Screenshot_20201009-112835068 (1).jpg

hello, this is my EQ for the FH3,
could you recommend iem with this sound signature,
so, more lower mid, less upper mid, less treble under 10kHz, more upper treble (after 10kHz)

thank you,
@RikudouGoku @IEMusic @Dsnuts @felix3650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back