FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #1,666 of 2,767
Got the FH9 after a long Fiio journey with almost all their IEMs , Donno what magic they are doing but I almost feel the lack of needing a closed back headphones and in some extent even open back headphones, initially I thought that I won't like the bit of bass bleed but I LOVE the overall tuning .... Now to the problem... I want another set 🤦‍♂️ Can't wait for Fiio to drop a really 1k flagship.

Jan 18, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,667 of 2,767
Got the FH9 after a long Fiio journey with almost all their IEMs , Donno what magic they are doing but I almost feel the lack of needing a closed back headphones and in some extent even open back headphones, initially I thought that I won't like the bit of bass bleed but I LOVE the overall tuning .... Now to the problem... I want another set 🤦‍♂️ Can't wait for Fiio to drop a really 1k flagship.
Yes, that is that we need. More 20$ drivers tuck together sold for >1k

I think the FH9 is pretty much the limit unless FiiO decides to develop their own BA which would justify the price.

But also the FH9 already rivals a lot of much more expensive In-Ear, the FH9 is a true flagship and I hope FiiO doesn't turn into a cash grab by pricing an >1k In-Ear just for the sake of selling it for that price

Jan 18, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #1,668 of 2,767
Yes, that is that we need. More 20$ drivers tuck together sold for >1k

I think the FH9 is pretty much the limit unless FiiO decides to develop their own BA which would justify the price.

But also the FH9 already rivals a lot of much more expensive In-Ear, the FH9 is a true flagship and I hope FiiO doesn't turn into a cash grab by pricing an >1k In-Ear just for the sake of selling it for that price
Assuming they keep their value for money as I see them now, the next one will be a success too, like the FD7

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #1,669 of 2,767
Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 19, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #1,670 of 2,767
M17 and FH9 remarks by @DarginMahkum has perked my interest in these.

Any reflections on how they do with rock/metal (old school not current gen)?
I blame @DarginMahkum too. :beerchug:

20220119_124300[1868].jpg

Jan 19, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #1,672 of 2,767
Jan 19, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #1,673 of 2,767
Jan 19, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #1,675 of 2,767
Regardless the cable is not worth $90, u can buy a good 4.4mm cable less then that

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #1,676 of 2,767
I love it. They even confused themselves. Maybe time for a better naming scheme or to just not do the we give a better cable and call it Pro thing.

Jan 20, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #1,678 of 2,767
Did you have a chance to test them?
Yes! And they are definitely as good as you have mentioned. I've got the FH7 last year and the FH9 is a clear improvement all around.

I'm still messing around with the three filters & different ear tips, and currently have the green (treble) filter along with the balanced ear tips. I'm treble sensitive, but the green filter is not hot at all, but added a more sublime sparkle and airiness to the FH9's sound signature. The bass and how punchy it is caught me by surprise, and it stayed there even with the green filters on.

I also loved the fit. Wore them for hours with no issues or discomfort. Pairing them with some of the DAPs that I have, the best synergy was with the Fiio M17; the punchy low end, clear mids and detailed treble were all there. Time simply melted away while I moved from track to track. :ksc75smile:

Jan 20, 2022 at 6:02 AM Post #1,679 of 2,767
I'm treble sensitive, but the green filter is not hot at all, but added a more sublime sparkle and airiness to the FH9's sound signature. The bass and how punchy it is caught me by surprise, and it stayed there even with the green filters on.
Same here. I am staying with the green filter as the treble is super balanced with sparkle but not bright. And same thing with the bass and mids balance. In the first few seconds I was like "nice bass", especially that bass does not overwhelm the mids. They are there and clear, and just adds some nice low end texture to the vocals.

As said, maybe I am missing all the progress in the IEM field but I am quite surprised with how good it sounds, especially if the fit is properly done, it sounds like headphones to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back