FiiO FX15. 1dd+1ba+4EST drivers
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #91 of 117
Im playing them fed from iPhone 15 to FiiO btr7
Playing Jessica Williams live at YOSSI’s
it’s an amazing experience soo much hyper details and yet not in your face.
eq is flat too. now im sure eq maybe needed in lesser tracks of quality.
I’m extremely happy so far.

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #92 of 117
I had the FX15 and sold it to try other things. I liked it but then I got the EE Bravado Mkii, another sub-1k tribrid. I like the EE better. To my ears it's slightly less v-shaped and has better coherency.
I am mid centric effected and need them amped a bit so I dislike V shape sounds I can’t say these are that at all. but we do each have varying degrees of preferences.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #93 of 117
how changes details,separation,bass,mids,highs after 200hours burn of fd7?im got fd7 today,straight ot of the box i like sound without EQ,with green or black nozle and balanced black tips. tried spinfit tips and not hear sound difference. spin fit more comfortable ,not press ears.
The tone of the beryllium diaphragm disappeared, and the sound became tasteless and odorless. 1 Driver's Masterpiece

Feb 28, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #96 of 117
@Ichos Hi! Really loved your review. I'm thinking of buying FX15 but I haven't made up my mind yet. You also reviewed the JD7 which I have and I loved it. I was wondering if FX15 will be a good upgrade for me in terms of tuning. I've read a ton of reviews and still can't decide If I would like the tuning of FX15 or not. If I pull the trigger I can't return it sadly so I have to be careful.

Anyone can chime in if you guys have any advice for me.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #97 of 117
@Ichos Hi! Really loved your review. I'm thinking of buying FX15 but I haven't made up my mind yet. You also reviewed the JD7 which I have and I loved it. I was wondering if FX15 will be a good upgrade for me in terms of tuning. I've read a ton of reviews and still can't decide If I would like the tuning of FX15 or not. If I pull the trigger I can't return it sadly so I have to be careful.

Anyone can chime in if you guys have any advice for me.
Do you mean the FD7?

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #99 of 117
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:05 AM Post #100 of 117
Less bass? Good, I'm not a basshead. In fact I sold my FD5 because the bass was too much for me and I bought JD7 after I've read @o0genesis0o review.

More present mid-range? You mean like you said in your review, "voices are slightly prominent and the instruments play a supportive role without losing their presence and identity"? I like listening to female vocals, almost 90% of my music library are females singers. I think I would like it with more present mid-range.
Now when you say brighter, this worries me a little, you mean the treble could be too much for me? @baskingshark said in his review that "Treble-sensitive folk may find the upper mids/treble bright at louder volumes"
That's the only thing that stops me for pulling the trigger. I don't really know what to do. Maybe the best course of action is to wait for FA19.

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #101 of 117
Less bass? Good, I'm not a basshead. In fact I sold my FD5 because the bass was too much for me and I bought JD7 after I've read @o0genesis0o review.

More present mid-range? You mean like you said in your review, "voices are slightly prominent and the instruments play a supportive role without losing their presence and identity"? I like listening to female vocals, almost 90% of my music library are females singers. I think I would like it with more present mid-range.
Now when you say brighter, this worries me a little, you mean the treble could be too much for me? @baskingshark said in his review that "Treble-sensitive folk may find the upper mids/treble bright at louder volumes"
That's the only thing that stops me for pulling the trigger. I don't really know what to do. Maybe the best course of action is to wait for FA19.
It is a brighter than average set but the treble is so refined and with a high quality textures that is doesn't sound piercing or harsh. My personal preference is for headphones with smooth, mildly subdued treble, but I can use the FX15 for hours without getting fatigue. I am using the vocal tips (and sometimes the spin-fit) and the tonal balance is very good. The treble is so special on the FX15.

Mar 19, 2024 at 3:49 AM Post #104 of 117
Hi, does anyone know which cable comes with the FX15? I have been able to test them with the LC-4.4D and the LC-RE Pro.

I really liked the sound with the LC-4.4D, it improves the instrument separation and the bass becomes faster and tighter.

The problem is that this cable is discontinued and I don't know what to do. If anyone knows of a similar cable or where I could get one, I would be very grateful.

I don't know if the new LC-RD Pro is an upgrade of the LC-4.4D since it looks very similar to the one that comes with the FX15.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.jpeg
    IMG_0859.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 19, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #105 of 117
Hi, does anyone know which cable comes with the FX15? I have been able to test them with the LC-4.4D and the LC-RE Pro.

I really liked the sound with the LC-4.4D, it improves the instrument separation and the bass becomes faster and tighter.

The problem is that this cable is discontinued and I don't know what to do. If anyone knows of a similar cable or where I could get one, I would be very grateful.

I don't know if the new LC-RD Pro is an upgrade of the LC-4.4D since it looks very similar to the one that comes with the FX15.
Dear friend,

LC-RD Pro is the cable comes with the FX15. And it is also an upgrade of the LC-4.4D.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back