FiiO FX15. 1dd+1ba+4EST drivers
Oct 9, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #76 of 117
To those who own the FX15. Are these good for Metal Music like Tool and Megadeth?

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #78 of 117
I ordered these and the the Oracle Mkii to compare and wow. Fx15 is truly something special. I returned the Oracle Mkii. It sounded way to thin with no depth in slam. Male vocals were lacking and sounded bland when it came to rock/metal music. One of the worse sounding IEMs I've tried.

Tried all kinds of genres on the FX15 and everything sounds so good. Clarity, depth, dynamics and imaging are all excellent. Perfect all-rounder for me.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #79 of 117
Pedí estos y el Oracle Mkii para compararlos y sorprender. Fx15 es realmente algo especial. Devolví el Oráculo Mkii. Sonó demasiado delgado sin profundidad en el slam. Las voces masculinas faltaban y sonaban insulsas cuando se trataba de música rock/metal. Uno de los IEM con peor sonido que he probado.

Probé todo tipo de géneros en el FX15 y todo suena muy bien. La claridad, la profundidad, la dinámica y la imagen son excelentes. Perfecto todoterreno para mí.
Fio Fx15 is an upgrade over Fiio Fh9?

Oct 16, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #80 of 117
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 9, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #82 of 117
You’d have to prize the FD7 out of my cold dead hands before I’d give them to you, however - the FX15 does it allow the insane amount of headroom that the FD7 does?

I can listen to the FD7 at about 3 on the dial on the K7 on high gain, which works perfectly if listening to live performances (I wonder if @FiiO could advise what kind of input power I’m putting into them, if so - please PM me!) - anyway, I bought some headphones today, and they are diabolical compared to the FD7.

I’m not necessarily looking for an upgrade, but I am looking for a stablemate to the FD7 - that can handle what I want from my music without it all falling apart.

Thanks.

Nov 18, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #83 of 117
IMG_20230825_183218.jpg

Was able to demo the FX15 yesterday and compare it to the flagship of the Berylium Era flagship FD7.

What first struck out to me as interesting is that the FX15 imaging like a pair of mini speakers within the eyes where everything is coming from the front like a wall of sound. Cable rolling only helped with the balance(I donno why but even fiios silver cables are quite warm) but didnt do much to open up the soundstage.

Overall I feel that the FX15 is very nice for "normal" 4 to 6 element music but once you start getting brickwalled 12 layer edm its when the FX15 starts showing its weakness. Interestingly all the infomation is still easily heard but it starts to layer onto each other which can make for a somewhat confusing imaging.

The other very minor issue(more of a preference really) is that ever since Fiio entered the DLC era the decay has been too extended for my tastes.

Now on to the good stuff and why Im still considering buying even with the staging issues. The FX15 is a vocal first iem that is both very detailed yet easy to listen to. Perfect to use on the go for the usual stuff deezer recomends(mostly mainstream symphonic metal). Need to compare with the TRI starshine next time I go to the store.
I’m curious! You mentioned cable rolling but have you tried different tips to bring up the mids? I usually use aet08 for good seal and extra mids. I think fiio has a similar set for “vocal”

Also was curious if you tried turning the estats off? Sure they’ve been doing the tuning design long enough not to be having any phasing issues.

I appreciate your post.

Dec 19, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #90 of 117
I had the FX15 and sold it to try other things. I liked it but then I got the EE Bravado Mkii, another sub-1k tribrid. I like the EE better. To my ears it's slightly less v-shaped and has better coherency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back