Fiio FT5
Nov 3, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #61 of 374
owh no… seems again I haven’t reached my endgame headphone😭
Well, better start saving….

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #62 of 374
Layton Audio in Montreal is great and a FiiO dealer sonce at least 6 years :)
Thanks, I will check them out. Over the years my experience with FiiO dealers has been, "Yeah we can order that DAP in for you", and that's about it. :relaxed:
I will have a look at them. I checked out HiFiGo and the price was $622.00, tax in, landed in Canada. That seems pretty affordable. I would just like to read some reviews now.
I am thinking maybe a Christmas gift to myself, depending on what the feedback is.

Nov 3, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #64 of 374
Thanks, I will check them out. Over the years my experience with FiiO dealers has been, "Yeah we can order that DAP in for you", and that's about it. :relaxed:
I will have a look at them. I checked out HiFiGo and the price was $622.00, tax in, landed in Canada. That seems pretty affordable. I would just like to read some reviews now.
I am thinking maybe a Christmas gift to myself, depending on what the feedback is.
My thoughts as well, need a Christmas present for myself so let’s see those detailed impressions I’m ready!

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #67 of 374
Newby here, also looking for a Christmas present...

Any suggestions on a desktop amp for these headphones?
They seem pretty easy to drive. Especially for a planar. Just lean more to what your budget is and what kind of sound that you like. And I suppose a good pairing with your DAC, if you have one.

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #68 of 374
Newby here, also looking for a Christmas present...

Any suggestions on a desktop amp for these headphones?
In general the Fiio Q3 MQA (169,-) and Ifi hip-dac 3 (199,-) are very good. If they are to expensieve go for a passive Moondrop DAC…

Nov 4, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #70 of 374
Nov 5, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #71 of 374
Thanks @musicday, @Shane D and @passie42. I guess I'll wait until a dealer close by carries these FT5s, and will listen to them paired with some amps before deciding.

It will be an amp only, since I have a separate DAC (HoloAudio Spring3). Budget wise, not exceeding the cost of the HPs, I would prefer to have a clear idea first after some listening, and if not able to afford the one I like, then wait until funds allow. Meantime, I could use the HP out of my amp, since as commented, the FT5s seem easy to drive.

Nov 5, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #72 of 374
John Darko says the FT5 uses the same pads as the FT3. That's unfortunate, at least for me. The FT3 fit me more like an on-ear rather than an over-ear making them very uncomfortable.
To give you an idea of what cans fit me well, I use the Sony MDR-Z1R and the Fostex TH-900 MK2 daily.
I really expected the FT3, with its 60mm dynamic driver, to have a larger chassis and cups. Oh well.

Nov 5, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #73 of 374
John Darko says the FT5 uses the same pads as the FT3. That's unfortunate, at least for me. The FT3 fit me more like an on-ear rather than an over-ear making them very uncomfortable.
To give you an idea of what cans fit me well, I use the Sony MDR-Z1R and the Fostex TH-900 MK2 daily.
I really expected the FT3, with its 60mm dynamic driver, to have a larger chassis and cups. Oh well.
That can't be right, as going by the pictures alone the opening has a wider diameter than the pads of the FT3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back