Fiio FT5
Oct 24, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #32 of 363
Any detailed impressions?
Reminds me of a mix of the old Audeze house sound (LCD2 pre fazor/ LCD3) with a dash of the old HiFiMAN treble coloration (HE6/HE500).

It's neutral/ dark, upper mids are definitely smoother and pulled back in the mix. Bass is extremely satisfying - at this price point I can't immediately think of anything better. Definitely a bit more sustained midbass slam with good texture.

Macrodynamic contrast is great for a planar, not an easy feat. It's not the most detailed (also in part due to its FR), but resolution is great for its category - probably the best. I'd compare it favorably to MM500/ LCD-X as far as dynamics go.

The main takeaway is that it's a very musical headphone with romantic/ dark timbre, offset by a tasteful mid treble sparkle/ energy. I'll be buying a set.

Build quality and comfort are also good.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #34 of 363
Reminds me of a mix of the old Audeze house sound (LCD2 pre fazor/ LCD3) with a dash of the old HiFiMAN treble coloration (HE6/HE500).

It's neutral/ dark, upper mids are definitely smoother and pulled back in the mix. Bass is extremely satisfying - at this price point I can't immediately think of anything better. Definitely a bit more sustained midbass slam with good texture.

Macrodynamic contrast is great for a planar, not an easy feat. It's not the most detailed (also in part due to its FR), but resolution is great for its category - probably the best. I'd compare it favorably to MM500/ LCD-X as far as dynamics go.

The main takeaway is that it's a very musical headphone with romantic/ dark timbre, offset by a tasteful mid treble sparkle/ energy. I'll be buying a set.

Build quality and comfort are also good.
Sweet, sounds exactly what I'd like. Loved the pre fazor LCD2s until they broke down, so I'll be getting one as well! Thanks for the impressions.

Oct 28, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #42 of 363
2999 CNY which hopefully translates to $399 USD for everywhere else.
So, probably $549.00 to $599.00 in Canada. That is not horrible for a nice planar.
Only problem is availability in Canada. Amazon prices in Canada get really jacked up. I recently bought a KA5 and a KA1 through Amazon. On there, they want $449.00 for the FT3, which retails for $299.00US.
And the Canadian dollar is falling.

I am surprised that they don't have a few dealers in Canada considering their great DAP's, Dongles and now headphones.

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #45 of 363
Website has phase vs frequency plot but no frequency response plot.
FT5 FR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back