FiiO Hybrid IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #1,681 of 2,767
How much do they need to be burn in?
I would just let music play at moderate listening levels for a week and take a listen at the end of the week. Try not to blast the drivers with high volumes. That is never a good idea especially with BAs on tap. I learned the hard way what that does for BAs.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,682 of 2,767
I would just let music play at moderate listening levels for a week and take a listen at the end of the week. Try not to blast the drivers with high volumes. That is never a good idea especially with BAs on tap. I learned the hard way what that does for BAs.
Good to know, thanks.

Jan 20, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #1,683 of 2,767
Ya you can damage BA drivers from prolonged louder volumes. I tragically ended the life of a new LZ A5 treble BA on one side due to me blasting my burn in tracks. Poor thing melted into oblivion after getting a weeks worth of pounding drum n bass on them drivers. Lol.

Was the only earphones that have ever blown out.

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #1,684 of 2,767
I appreciate all the feedback on this set! really keeping the thread alive!

It's been about 8 days with my fh9. The materials used for fh9 feels and looks exactly like the fd7 other than the fd7 faceplate. I think it feels like a ceramic/plastic mix.

I couldn't wait to get the fh9 in my ears. I burnt the fd7 for more than 200 hours before really critically listened to them. Currently on the fh9 I am running black filters with foams.

For me, these are a great 1+2 combo with the fd7. FH9 being analytical and engaging and the fd7 being cohesive and fundamental.

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #1,685 of 2,767
Yea, that friend your mom warned you about.............

My set just arrived and they are running on my old DAP for the next few days.

Initial impressions were shockingly good, and if these change even more for the better after 50+ hours, my cash stash took another hit.

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #1,690 of 2,767
Joined the FH9 club and loving it... by accident however as I had ordered the FD7 but the wrong model was shipped - I decided to keep it and will buy FD7 another time.

20220121_220155.jpg

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #1,692 of 2,767
Also eyeing these up. How's the R01 pairing? Nice compliment to IE900?

Haven't tried yet with R01, will hook it back up tomorrow and give it a listen. Definitely complementary to IE900, doesn't have the same level of pristine/accuracy but more fun sounding while also great technically - really does remind me of MEST MKII in terms of stage and overall presentation but I prefer FH9 tuning, more engaging in a musical way. Excellent IEM, very impressive build quality, packaging, and I love the cable - all very premium!

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #1,693 of 2,767
Haven't tried yet with R01, will hook it back up tomorrow and give it a listen. Definitely complementary to IE900, doesn't have the same level of pristine/accuracy but more fun sounding while also great technically - really does remind me of MEST MKII in terms of stage and overall presentation but I prefer FH9 tuning, more engaging in a musical way. Excellent IEM, very impressive build quality, packaging, and I love the cable - all very premium!
Ah yes, E02 I see. The build quality does look impressive, indeed. Look forward to giving a whirl!

Jan 22, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #1,694 of 2,767
Been lurking a few different threads looking for something that might scratch the itch that my IER M9’s haven’t been able to: bass. How is the FH9 in this arena? I’m weighing between FH9 and IE 900 right now. Looking for something with some lovely bass that packs a punch/slam while maintaining good clarity/separation still. I absolutely love my VC’s, if I could find an IEM with a similar sound sig I’d be done with my search 😂

Jan 22, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #1,695 of 2,767
Been lurking a few different threads looking for something that might scratch the itch that my IER M9’s haven’t been able to: bass. How is the FH9 in this arena? I’m weighing between FH9 and IE 900 right now. Looking for something with some lovely bass that packs a punch/slam while maintaining good clarity/separation still. I absolutely love my VC’s, if I could find an IEM with a similar sound sig I’d be done with my search 😂

FH9 or IE900 will certainly address the bass challenge on IER-M9 - they do have great bass but not at dynamic driver level. I would say IE900 is faster/punchier and both much more exciting than IER-M9*. I only have FH9 just over 24 hours so not in the best position to provide impressions but at this point, I would rate IE900 above in terms of technical prowess and precision tuning - it really is quite incredible, but also over 2x the price of FH9... but some do note they would like more in the mids. FH9 has a bigger soundstage than IE900 - probably similar width but taller.

DUNU ZEN PRO worth considering too as a very well balanced single DD that is both technical and musical and I would say the best all-rounder of the three in terms of genres it works with. Oh and a massive improvement on the original ZEN in my opinion.

*I love IER-M9 and once upon a time, got almost offended when I read a comment on Head-Fi a number of months ago calling them 'boring' - I get it now, they are very neutral and it can be easy to lose focus if you don't eh, focus! An excellent IEM though and I just recently had some quality time with them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back