FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,532 of 2,258
Right now , i have Fh1+Q5.Im thinking to buy FH5, these will improve sound quality over FH1.?

I find the FH1 bass bloated and not that enjoyable. Also the higher range I think is missing details, some bell sound like tin cans compared to my other IEMs. Far from my favorite IEM. On the other hand, the FH5 is my favorite IEM. It has more bass with more details and power without being tiring like the FH1. Vocals are clear and up front, sounds like you're listening to the artist in the studio, all while still keeping a large soundstage. Highs are just right, some find it bright, others recessed, for me it's the perfect amount to be exciting with all type of music while I can still listen a whole day without getting tired. All in all, a very musical, clear, detailed and exciting IEM, definitely a lot better and enjoyable than the FH1 for me.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #1,538 of 2,258
Currently looking at FH5 and Fiio Q1 mkII combo, does Q1 MKII can drive them properly with balanced output? is the combo worth it? Right now i have ibasso dx90 DAP, C&C BH2 amp and Audiotehnica MSR7 headphones, yhey ar bit too harsh for me, and the over ear headphones ont the go are too bulky for me... The only thing tahat worrying me is that the dx90 have no true balanced output to Q1mk2, and my iphone SE only have 32gb. Any suggestions?

FH5 and FiiO K3 works like a charm, so I think that Q1MK2 would work just fine as well :)

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #1,539 of 2,258
glad pairing my new FH5 (im late in the train) with a ES100 in balanced mode. I listen for like an hour without any burning in and have to say that they sounded un-even in the bass -> mids transition (no cohesive), and have to apply some EQing by lifting the mids a little. Later that night i pull out the mesh and let them burning in for like 5hrs with gray noise at mid-high volume from the ES100. And now they sound great AF, and had to re-eq by only adding 2db in the lowest just for fun. they sound now awesome with any kind of music (i listen to scandinavian metal mostly but also a lot of nirvana, pink floyd, bob marley, david gilmour, and of course, jazz when in the mood). And like the FH5 a lot with its tight bass, controlled and also hits when have to and keep it when is not called.
BTW, im using the Sipnfit CP100, but after like 2hrs of music, my ears began to suffer a little of pressure
20190101_213617.jpg
@FiiO
@JamesFiiO
Is there a plan on releasing a future BTR5 or so with a balanced out? dunno if you will approach the Infinity Sound into the bluetooth range (as the Radsone Es100)
Im quite fine with the ES100 with the tuning capabilities of its app, but since im a fan of yours, im interested in your vision

And of course, is there any info of the future FH7? will love to have it in metal with the ergonomics of the FA7..... just my particular preference

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #1,540 of 2,258
Is anyone looking to buy a pair of used Fiio FH5's? I'm looking to fund some wireless/over-ear headphones.

IMG_20190102_190511__01.jpg

They're 9/10 condition with only some minor scratches on the inside metal from being stored in the accompanying pouch. I have the box, all accessories and two cables.

PM for more info. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #1,541 of 2,258
Hello,
I've just pulled the trigger for FH5 pairing them with Cayin N5iiS over LC-2.5C cable. Works very good, but have question to more experienced forum/thread members which tips most of you are using with FH5? I've tried almost all of them included in the package, none work perfect for me. I like quite a lot the foam tips, but it seems those made the sound a bit muddy, especially the bass and midrange. I have ended up with Comply foam tips liking them, but maybe there are other good alternatives worth to try?

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #1,542 of 2,258
Hello,
I've just pulled the trigger for FH5 pairing them with Cayin N5iiS over LC-2.5C cable. Works very good, but have question to more experienced forum/thread members which tips most of you are using with FH5? I've tried almost all of them included in the package, none work perfect for me. I like quite a lot the foam tips, but it seems those made the sound a bit muddy, especially the bass and midrange. I have ended up with Comply foam tips liking them, but maybe there are other good alternatives worth to try?
Congrats. I’ve also been experimenting with tips. The shallow insertion of the FH5 makes them very comfortable but also quite tip-picky. I’ve been using Comply (T500 isolate) myself and they do work very well, but can get a little uncomfortable/hot for longer sessions. JVC Spiral Dot are superb, but the MS size I have are a touch too small so waiting on M size tips to arrive.

Just yesterday I discovered a box of tips I bought about a year ago for a different IEM, a no-name called New Bee from Amazon. To my surprise these fit the FH5 perfectly and are much more comfortable than the Comply. Sound is also great, possibly a touch less ‘smooth’ than the Comply.

These are the tips: https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-New-Replacement-Silicone-Headphones/dp/B06WGL85YW

I think I bought the M size.

Good luck.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #1,543 of 2,258
Congrats. I’ve also been experimenting with tips. The shallow insertion of the FH5 makes them very comfortable but also quite tip-picky. I’ve been using Comply (T500 isolate) myself and they do work very well, but can get a little uncomfortable/hot for longer sessions. JVC Spiral Dot are superb, but the MS size I have are a touch too small so waiting on M size tips to arrive.

Just yesterday I discovered a box of tips I bought about a year ago for a different IEM, a no-name called New Bee from Amazon. To my surprise these fit the FH5 perfectly and are much more comfortable than the Comply. Sound is also great, possibly a touch less ‘smooth’ than the Comply.

These are the tips: https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-New-Replacement-Silicone-Headphones/dp/B06WGL85YW

Good luck.

Thanks a lot. There are also hybrid tips like Symbio (silicon with foam), I heard worth to try...

Jan 3, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,544 of 2,258

Good luck.
I just made an order thru amazon. Tks for the link will try them out.

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #1,545 of 2,258
Hello,

I would suggest you try as many tips as possibly to see which work best for you. I have found the FH5 to be very tip dependent. The Symbio W tips work the best for me. The next best for me were Large foam tips with additional length, such as the comply 500. JVC spiral dots didn't work for me and neither did Spinfits. However, you may find either of these work for you, so don't discount them. What I will say is preserver with trying different tips as when you find a pair that work, the FH5s are capable of sounding really really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back