FiiO FH5 - Quad Driver Hybrid In-Ear Monitors || Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers
Nov 10, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,246 of 2,258
The stock cable does look a little heavy/thick for everyday use
I think the stock cable is pretty nice and fine for everyday use. You can splice the cable past the splitter if you want. I wouldn’t call it heavy or thick, but maybe a little less supple than other options. I don’t have the LC-2.5c in yet but I suspect it will be softer due to the materials and the way it was constructed.

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,247 of 2,258
I think the stock cable is pretty nice and fine for everyday use. You can splice the cable past the splitter if you want. I wouldn’t call it heavy or thick, but maybe a little less supple than other options. I don’t have the LC-2.5c in yet but I suspect it will be softer due to the materials and the way it was constructed.
The Lc-2.5c looks nice but pricey add-on :)

Nov 10, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #1,248 of 2,258
The Lc-2.5c looks nice but pricey add-on :)
Indeed. I guess my only consolation is that I can probably sell it pretty fast because it’s only available from Aliexpress and eBay at the moment.

Nov 10, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,249 of 2,258
I bought mmcx 2.5mm balanced ($30) from Amazon, it is pretty nice and soft, feel better.
It is all about utilize balanced power output of Q5, or any device with balanced output.
It is not about if one can hear difference, but as one mentioned it has potential to eliminate
noise if your system has it.

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,250 of 2,258
I have the stock cable as well as the 4.4mm balanced cable by Fiio. I have no issues using either during my commute. There are lighter cables but I wouldn't notice unless I had the lighter cable to compare with.

I have an ALO Audio balanced cable on another mmcx earphone and it is much lighter however it also costs around the same price as the earphone. Even with this cable I have no issues using the Fiio cables.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #1,251 of 2,258
Well I am currently listening from a FiiO Q5 (FiiO AM3A amp) driving FiiO FH5s. The only non-FiiO bits are Comply tips and an iPhone as source. I am super pleased at the quality of this combination at this price. Gentle high hats off to the right at the end of Lillywhite Lilith by Genesis. Just so many things that I’ve never heard before in albums I’ve owned for years (that’s what all this stuff is for isn’t it?). Just amazed given such a low price!!!

I have the exact same setup - iPhone source, Q5, FH5s with comply tips. :smile_phones: Listening to lossless CD rips or Tidal, it sounds great!

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,252 of 2,258
I’ve never heard a noticeable difference in cables except for volume when using a balanced output. My ears aren’t good enough, I guess. I buy cables for the look and feel. How much value you get from a cable totally falls into the “YMMV” category.

When I had a pair of Sennheiser HD25 headphones I replaced the standard steel cable with a copper one from a different Sennheiser model (can't remember which one) - there was a big difference in sound. I guess the better the original cable the less difference you'll notice. (BTW I understand totally why Sennheiser fitted a steel cable to the HD25 given its main intended use as a tough broadcast tool).

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #1,253 of 2,258
20181111_143537_HDR.jpg 20181111_143936_HDR.jpg Got my spiral dots L. It is best! Perfect seal, comfort, sound 5++. Much better than Mandarid, Spinfits. Photo vs Sony L (left)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,254 of 2,258
+1 for spiral dots. Got the ML set delivered this weekend. Perfect fit, best comfort so far. Sound is a bit darker than the symbio's, might be due to the wider bore size?
FH5 + Spiral dots = making me wonder if I should have bought the DM6 at all. I'm still waiting for the DM6's, but this combination is very likeable.

The symbio is very nice as well but a bit stiff; which is to be expected, spiral dots fit me better though.

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #1,255 of 2,258
+1 for spiral dots. Got the ML set delivered this weekend. Perfect fit, best comfort so far. Sound is a bit darker than the symbio's, might be due to the wider bore size?
FH5 + Spiral dots = making me wonder if I should have bought the DM6 at all. I'm still waiting for the DM6's, but this combination is very likeable.

The symbio is very nice as well but a bit stiff; which is to be expected, spiral dots fit me better though.
Didn't find darker sound, at my taste more "opened" sound, not darker. But it is individualy of course

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #1,256 of 2,258

Where did you order them from and how long did they take to get delivered?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back