FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #452 of 1,891
There is the silicone tips version of that called the OSTRY OS300, it has a similar filter that reduces treble (I havent tried it though).

1610460769368.png
I have these and they are not recommended. It kills too much treble (way more so than graph suggests) and muffled the sound on all bright IEMs I tried them.

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #453 of 1,891
I ordered a set of filternozzles from RHA and a 4 core UPOCC cable from Y*ny**.

IMG_20210112_201644.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #457 of 1,891
I ordered a set of filternozzles from RHA and a 4 core UPOCC cable from Y*ny**.

Excellent choice I have 4 of these on various iems, well built and flexible.
The 16 core high purity one is a great cable too it's a thin 16 core and works well too, can't go wrong for the price as well.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #459 of 1,891
Those cables are excellent for either all BA iems or dynamics that have a bit too much upper detail. Good choice. Excellent value
The 2pin connector on that cable screwed me though. Lost the right side of one of my IEMs because of it, it just fell off at one point and now it's gone. Still get salty when i think about it...

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #460 of 1,891
The 2pin connector on that cable screwed me though. Lost the right side of one of my IEMs because of it, it just fell off at one point and now it's gone. Still get salty when i think about it...
Yeah I have found that the connectors can be sometimes a bit weak looking, I usually remove the heatshrink earhook off the cables ( always nice to have the option of round ear or drop) and add some loctite 3080 gap filler just inside the plug and slightly onto the cable, sets clear and like concrete and you'd have more chance of snapping the cable. Works well on any connection inside as it prevents shorts if there's not enough room for heatshrink between terminations and also adds a bit extra to your solder joint, if your a DIY person.

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #462 of 1,891
In the UK I believe you'll have to have an amount less than £15 otherwise you'll get VAT added on at 15% of the TOTAL value and an £8 handling charge, as I found out to my cost recently😱

They’ve scrapped the minimum allowance now. VAT at 20%. This hobby just got more expensive.

I’m glad I got my FD5 :L3000: I love them! Soundstage is massive and very impressive. Bass is impactful and deep. Have also been gaming with them and it helps build an immersive environment.

Jan 13, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #463 of 1,891
They’ve scrapped the minimum allowance now. VAT at 20%. This hobby just got more expensive.

I’m glad I got my FD5 :L3000: I love them! Soundstage is massive and very impressive. Bass is impactful and deep. Have also been gaming with them and it helps build an immersive environment.

Ouch! Thanks for the update, I got my last package just before Brexit D-day. It pretty much means no more purchasing from overseas now (Ali etc) and will need to to consider purchases from the EU more carefully as well.

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #464 of 1,891
Ouch! Thanks for the update, I got my last package just before Brexit D-day. It pretty much means no more purchasing from overseas now (Ali etc) and will need to to consider purchases from the EU more carefully as well.

It’s a huge ball ache but at least on AliExpress the VAT is added at checkout on orders under £135. So no more extortionate handling fees and in theory the package should be processed quicker as they don’t have to check if VAT is paid.

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #465 of 1,891
1610459913779.png

A bit of a discovery. I was rummaging through my tips collection and I had an unopened set of these. These can be bought on Amazon and these have a wax guard on the openings. These are good old complys. I know complys are polarizing. Either you love them or you hate them. I have used these tips on another lively earphone Dunu DK2001. The wax guard is a fine acoustic foam but what it does it takes a bit of the edge off the top. Worth looking into if you guys are finding the top end a bit edgy. Smoother sound as a result. TX400 I believe these are. These with a combination of my cable and the sound becomes exactly what I was looking for.

Will try it out, I should have a pair of the TS version somewhere in my loot box...

Have been using Spinfit CP145 and bass stock tips with great results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back