FiiO&JadeAudio Dynamic Driver IEMs Discussion & Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #886 of 1,891
I have to be honest, the FD5 is pure endgame for IEMs for me. Right now it's just picking the full-size that give me the right enjoyment at the desk the way those do. Haven't quite nailed it.
I have never used the word endgame cause I know things can inevitably improve further down the road, and that's still true in this case, but the FD5 has gotten me the closest to saying such a word.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #887 of 1,891
I have never used the word endgame cause I know things can inevitably improve further down the road, and that's still true in this case, but the FD5 has gotten me the closest to saying such a word.
Yeah, the e-word is always a bit of a "hedging bets" situation, but I honestly don't feel any desire to get anything else on the IEM front. Obviously there's "better" stuff out there, more resolving, better imaging, etc etc etc, but the FD5 does what I always want headphones to do: help me forget everything and just enjoy my music.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #888 of 1,891
You guys with the FD5 should get the Elecom EHP-CAP20 tips. They work amazing with it, much better than the type E´s. They still have the tightening of bass effect like type E (but a bit lower quantity, the FD5 dont need help with that anyway) but have more forward upper mids and an even cleaner treble while also having the reduction of treble peaks effect like the Type E. The resulting sound is a better mids and a cleaner/airier treble.

They only costs 4 usd on amazon japan.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #891 of 1,891
I’m getting pretty interested in the FD5 but I’m a little concerned about the fit. With their weight and looking at them next to the long nozzles of the Dunu Zen I’m wondering if there’s an issue of these slipping. I have large ear canals using L tips and for reference I had the Tin P1’s for all of about 10 minutes as they just would not stay put the moment I moved my head.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #892 of 1,891
I've never had any fit issues myself. No slipping or falling. Despite the odd housing they're secure.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #894 of 1,891
I’m getting pretty interested in the FD5 but I’m a little concerned about the fit. With their weight and looking at them next to the long nozzles of the Dunu Zen I’m wondering if there’s an issue of these slipping. I have large ear canals using L tips and for reference I had the Tin P1’s for all of about 10 minutes as they just would not stay put the moment I moved my head.
With the CP145 tips, I can wear these forever. I also thought the large housing would irritate me, but alas that's not the case.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #895 of 1,891
My ear canals also have the unfortunate trait of being angled downwards. My Elysium fit so securely there’s absolutely no issue. My FH3 are pretty good and I’ve usually favoured a more outer ear filling design that is pretty common these days. Small iems or generic shapes like Noble iems never seem to fit that great.
Still, all these great reviews about the sound and a complement of newer eartip models goes some distance in assuaging my concerns.

Mar 6, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #896 of 1,891
They fit me much better than I expected based off the shape. They sit almost flush with my ears and feel very secure, they even stay in while laying down and are still comfortable. I've worn them basically all day for multiple days without any problem. I'd say they are slightly too heavy to completely forget I have them in, but I often do because they fit so well.

Mar 7, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #897 of 1,891
They fit me much better than I expected based off the shape. They sit almost flush with my ears and feel very secure, they even stay in while laying down and are still comfortable. I've worn them basically all day for multiple days without any problem. I'd say they are slightly too heavy to completely forget I have them in, but I often do because they fit so well.
Yeah this is me too. Nothing will be as comfortable as the Xelento but these feel pretty good.

Mar 7, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #898 of 1,891

Still enjoying mine tremendously two months in, and foresee myself settling with these for a good, long while. I've enjoyed the Sony IER-M9, XBA-Z5, and XBA-N3, but these tick all the boxes for me (although the Z5 still hold a special place in my heart...).

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #899 of 1,891
If anyone in Europe is interested, I might be selling my lightly used FD5. They are just not technical enough for my personal taste.

Mar 7, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #900 of 1,891
Well, I got the JVC Spiral Dot ++ tips and....... they sound 'just OK' to me. They kinda flatten out the 3D soundstage and wash out the great tone that I get with the Final Type E tips.

I can maybe see them working better with overly bright sounding IEMs, but the FD5's don't really have that problem for me.

So I'll be happily sticking with the Type E tips. The sound I get from the FD5 with them is simply fantastic! :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back