FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Jun 29, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #62 of 381
Should I buy FIIO FH1S or FIIO FD1? I like all kind of music. FH1s has 2dynamic and FD1 has onlt one. But FD1 have a better look than FH1s. Which should I buy?

What type of music do you listen to the most? Do you like bass you can “Feel” or value vocals the most? Have also considered the FiiO FA1?

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #63 of 381
What type of music do you listen to the most? Do you like bass you can “Feel” or value vocals the most? Have also considered the FiiO FA1?

I like Linkin Park kind of music. Lil bit EDM like Flume/San Holo or Tycho/Boards of Canada music. I mean I guess it's all kind of music. I just dont really like bassy and metal music. About FA1 i'll skip this one cause the price in my country is kinda higher than both. Honestly am confuse among FH1S FD1 or Ibasso IT00 but i guess ill skip IT00 cause I need 2 0,78 cable. What's ur opinion?

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #64 of 381
I like Linkin Park kind of music. Lil bit EDM like Flume/San Holo or Tycho/Boards of Canada music. I mean I guess it's all kind of music. I just dont really like bassy and metal music. About FA1 i'll skip this one cause the price in my country is kinda higher than both. Honestly am confuse among FH1S FD1 or Ibasso IT00 but i guess ill skip IT00 cause I need 2 0,78 cable. What's ur opinion?
IMHO, I wouldn’t write off the IT00 yet, but wait to hear more impressions on the FD1 before making a decisions.

Jun 29, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #65 of 381

No worries. The FA1 is not an option for you. I do not own the FD1 or IT00, I cannot help you with opinions about those two. I do own the FH1s. The FH1s would fit for the music that you like but others might be better fits. Let’s see what FD1 owners have to say.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #66 of 381
No worries. The FA1 is not an option for you. I do not own the FD1 or IT00, I cannot help you with opinions about those two. I do own the FH1s. The FH1s would fit for the music that you like but others might be better fits. Let’s see what FD1 owners have to say.

How is ur experience usig FH1s? Right now am using Revonext QT2 i feel so exhausted use RNQT2 more than 1hour, am not sure whats makes me exhausted is it about pressure, sounds, metal-design, or its fitness am just not sure. Never used others than RNQT2 too. Also my main reason ill going to buy is I feel exhausted with my RNQT2. Bad english btw sry

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #67 of 381
Me again,

The FD1 has to have one of the best stock SE cables, for the sub $100 USD category. No need to immediately jump on the aftermarket options. But once you do, even an inexpensive balanced cable will increase the sound stage, for both depth and width. Night and day, no, but enough that the difference can not be argued.
Cables.jpg

Jun 29, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #68 of 381
Just received the blue version.
Been waiting since original U.S. amazon preorder
was available for purchase.

For $60. The unboxing and accessories are fantastic. The IEMs are great looking, the cable is wonderful and the addition of a nice case at this price point is generous. Plus I believe the foam tips are now a bit more pliable than Fiio foam from a couple years ago. The fit is very nice. They are incredibly light and just sit comfortably in the ear.

First impressions: I think they sound amazing with any of the stock tips. For $60, I am not really sure I need anything more expensive for my on the go wired IEM needs.

I have owned the FA1 and FA7. Returned both of them. But after 2 hrs with FD1, pretty sure they are keepers. Something about a well tuned dynamic that tends to be a bit more natural, with a bit better timbre IMO. The BA buds tend to encompass the entire brain with sound, and these FD1 are no slouch, but seem more direct and approachable. Very interested in giving them more break in time and trying various types of music. Volume is great at around 65-75% from a Note 8. So far they are a KZ killer. Have not heard IT00.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #69 of 381
Me again,

The FD1 has to have one of the best stock SE cables, for the sub $100 USD category. No need to immediately jump on the aftermarket options. But once you do, even an inexpensive balanced cable will increase the sound stage, for both depth and width. Night and day, no, but enough that the difference can not be argued.
Cables.jpg

That FD1 cable looks good, and would probably be great for other IEMs with the same type of connector, some BLON, TFZ, and NiceHCK IEMs. The BL03 would need to have a small cut out made, for the vent though.

For $60. The unboxing and accessories are fantastic. The IEMs are great looking, the cable is wonderful and the addition of a nice case at this price point is generous.

Do all FiiO IEMs come with a great accessory pack? It sure seems like they do. That’s what first caught my eye with the FH7.

Jun 29, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #70 of 381
That FD1 cable looks good, and would probably be great for other IEMs with the same type of connector, some BLON, TFZ, and NiceHCK IEMs. The BL03 would need to have a small cut out made, for the vent though.

Do all FiiO IEMs come with a great accessory pack? It sure seems like they do. That’s what first caught my eye with the FH7.

As far as I know, their packaging and accessories are very well done, especially for price.

FA1 and FA7 had great stuff too

Jun 29, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #71 of 381
How is ur experience usig FH1s? Right now am using Revonext QT2 i feel so exhausted use RNQT2 more than 1hour, am not sure whats makes me exhausted is it about pressure, sounds, metal-design, or its fitness am just not sure. Never used others than RNQT2 too. Also my main reason ill going to buy is I feel exhausted with my RNQT2. Bad english btw sry

I am not familiar with the RNQT2. The FH1s is a very nice earphone for the price, especially for pop/EDM. It comes with, what looks like, the same cable as the FD1. Please note that some people are sensitive at the frequencies where there is some treble emphasis In the FH1s. I have no problems at all with the rises.

Jul 1, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #74 of 381
According to today's BGGAR YT video (comparison between FD1, BL03, Urbanfun ybf-iss014, Tin T2+, Moondrop Blessing 2 and SSR), the FD1 is not being recommended if you are listening to his music genres and need as much bass as he likes. Mids and treble also were not rated very high. I am not sharing his opinion all the time and I am listening to a wider spectrum of music as he does (not saying this for being arrogant, but it's a fact), but it was an informative video. I need my bass actually and I don't matter a V-shape signature for commuting with a smartphone as a source. I am quite confident about the FD1 being a good offering from FiiO as long as you are not awaiting wonders in terms of sound quality. By wonders, I mean a real game changer of something like that. In my opinion and based on my priorities, the most important in this price range is a good fit and isolation, a comfortable and non-microphonic cable, a decent selection of tips and a fun sound signature. Still waiting for my pair, but what I have read so far on this thread makes me think it should be an interesting IEM.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #75 of 381
I've just posted a review of my FD1's

Rick's Review - Fiio FD1

I have found that they sound best when driven by a fairly powerful player. They sounded slightly thin when driven directly from my Galaxy Note 8 (with all the audio enhancements switched off) but sounded much better through some more powerful players.

I'm not so sure this would be an ideal IEM for walking around though - the combination on un-boosted bass and limited isolation from the outside world make these more of a 'sit down and listen' sort of headphone.

Fiio FD1 Chess Board close up 4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back