FiiO FD1 - 10mm 1DD IEM
Jun 23, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #16 of 381
Hmmm, a bunch more came "in stock" on Amazon but mine still haven't shipped yet. Really think Amazon are going off a shipment they have coming in but are not truly in their possesion yet.

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #17 of 381
Hmmm, a bunch more came "in stock" on Amazon but mine still haven't shipped yet. Really think Amazon are going off a shipment they have coming in but are not truly in their possesion yet.
I originally ordered the blue shells and the ETA was June 30th. But I already have the blue shell EA3, so I switched to black and they’re already In the UPS system, ETA Friday.

Jun 23, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #18 of 381
Ordered in black via Hifigo, USD 69.- shipped. Let's them fight against Blon-03, Blon-05 and upcoming KBear KS2.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 381
The only fiio iem i really like is their FH5 Best sub-bass ever! I tried FH1s ~60$~(it almost injured my ear canal on how sibilant they are) i wonder if this FD1 can dethrone the oppoty king BLON03

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #20 of 381
I get no sibilance with the FH1s. I’m using sock tips. Different ear canals...

Jun 26, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 381
Mine just arrived. Into the oven they go

Someone had asked about aftermarket cable options. The TFZ/NX7 (clear tip) fits more flush than the stock OEM cable (black tip)
FiiO FD1 stock vs TFZ.jpg

Jun 26, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #24 of 381
Mine just arrived. Into the oven they go

Someone had asked about aftermarket cable options. The TFZ/NX7 (clear tip) fits more flush than the stock OEM cable (black tip)

Hello, When you get a chance could you check if there is any amount of driver Flex when Inserting into your ears?

Thanks

Jun 26, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #27 of 381
From my initial, quick listen (to make sure that they weren’t DOA) the FD1s were thin and sibilant; they sounded like a pocket AM radio was in My head.

i have them connected to an iPad, playing Pandora, at mid volume, over the weekend. I’ll check in on them Periodically.

Based on my experience with the EA3 and FH5, I have no doubt that over their break in, the FD1s will open up.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As I hoped, after a good workout, the FD1 has been awakened, here are my impressions: Link

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #28 of 381
First FiiO IEM I've been interested in since I realized I don't like BAs! I'm very curious if they can top the BL-03.

Any idea how efficient the FD1 is?

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #29 of 381
Mine arrived yesterday. Initial listening reveals a really nice sounding IEM. Normally I'm not a big believer in burn in but I suspect these may open up somewhat after a couple of days of Trance, Floyd and Rush. I will be posting a full review with pics (when I've written it). I'm also happy to answer any questions anyone may have about them.

PopZeus (excellent handle BTW) - they're pretty efficient - directly from a Galaxy Note 8 full volume is very uncomfortable. My little Benjie player (which sounds unbelievably excellent BTW) drives them loud at about 40% volume.

A couple of points I've noticed about the FD1's.

Pretty mellow - whilst being detailed, they're not ear piercing at all.
Bass goes deep - but only when it's called for - you wouldn't think these were bassy headphones until the bass actually kicks in.
Medium insertion depth into the ears - not terribly good at isolation external noise but this doesn't change the sound quality.
Comfortable - but it took me a while to find the right tips - they come with a good selection - including Comply foam.
Cable looks and feels groovy!
They look really good.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #30 of 381
From my initial, quick listen (to make sure that they weren’t DOA) the FD1s were thin and sibilant; they sounded like a pocket AM radio was in My head.
Bloody hell - thin and sibilant - my worst nightmare. Everything I hate in an IEM. Why did FiiO advertise these as bass heavy and non-fatiguing? I was hoping for Tin T2 treble and TFZ No.3 bass. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back