FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #1,306 of 1,544
My full review of the F9 Pro: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2018/01/fiio-f9-pro-review.html#more

DSC04797-small.JPG

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,309 of 1,544
I really don't want to go back through the close to 90 pages to find out about this, so I'll ask instead. Has anyone mentioned burn in with the Pros? Last night I hooked them up to my system and I swear, the highs had subsided to a much more listenable level for me. It's not like I've been using them constantly and just gotten used to them, I was listening to my HE560's before this. That said, they sounded really glorious. Hoping whatever has happened to them remains in play.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,310 of 1,544
I really don't want to go back through the close to 90 pages to find out about this, so I'll ask instead. Has anyone mentioned burn in with the Pros? Last night I hooked them up to my system and I swear, the highs had subsided to a much more listenable level for me. It's not like I've been using them constantly and just gotten used to them, I was listening to my HE560's before this. That said, they sounded really glorious. Hoping whatever has happened to them remains in play.

I haven't noticed any changes so far, but as always, YMMV

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,311 of 1,544

use search up there on the page, then

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #1,312 of 1,544
Ok, think I have this figured out now. And you'll have to forgive me, because IEMs are not my strength. The difference is simply that I didn't have them seated deep enough into my ear canals. That is what's making the difference between me thinking they sound amazing in one sitting, and then trying to figure out where this freaking treble peakiness is coming from. I moved down to the smallest tips and that's helped a lot. I'm not a small person, so I figured my ear canals must be large too. Guess not.

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #1,313 of 1,544
Ok, think I have this figured out now. And you'll have to forgive me, because IEMs are not my strength. The difference is simply that I didn't have them seated deep enough into my ear canals. That is what's making the difference between me thinking they sound amazing in one sitting, and then trying to figure out where this freaking treble peakiness is coming from. I moved down to the smallest tips and that's helped a lot. I'm not a small person, so I figured my ear canals must be large too. Guess not.

That actually makes a lot of sense, changing the depth of insertion will affect the signature of a IEM.

I prefer F9 and F9Pro with deep insertion, as much as their body / tip provides, since that also hits the sweet spot of comfort for me.

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #1,316 of 1,544
That is what I tought as well. Some of them have the inner part a tad thicker and they might provide comfort differently for some ears, but the actual size should be the similar.
Yeah, with me it's more about "getting a proper seal" with the right size. Like I said, the difference in sound is night & day if I get it wrong.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #1,317 of 1,544

I am approaching 50 and only recently realised I have small ear canals in spite of having ears like the FA Cup.

I replaced all of my tips on various earphones with Size Small Memory Foam and the sound difference is amazing. I now have a tight seal with lots of Bass, trust me, if you do not have the right sized tips you will never have the right sound.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #1,318 of 1,544
Goodbye all, I have asked Brooko to delete all of my posts and close my profile.

Edit: On the advice of Brooko I will take a Chill Pill and consider returning.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with their valuable hints and advice.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #1,320 of 1,544
Hi

Thanks for the review. In it, you compared the F9 Pro to the Fidue A73. Do you have knowledge of the A83? If so, how does it compare to the FiiO?

Regards

Darren

My 2 cents, bearing in mind it’s been a few years since I had the a83 and folks much more experienced than me swear by them. The short version - I prefer the F9Pro on every parameter except for the 3.5mm cable.
The long version: Bass on the F9P extends further and is slighty more in quantity with better balance between mid and subbass. I also find it better textured despite the higher quantity. IIRC the 83 had a significant dip in the lower treble making it sound dry and without sparkle. Mids are better on the 83 if you compare with the Fiio bass tips but similar with the others. Fit and comfort go to the F9 hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back