FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 26, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,007 of 1,544
They sounded lean and peaky when i got the wrong tips on them (small).
The medium size changed it in a much better way. :D

No problem with the tips my friend. The Greek representative of Fiio (who is my friend and i have bought many Fiio products from him over the years) provided me with all the necessary tips and i chose the ones that fit my ears the best. I am very aware of the fit and size and the effects they have on sound in inear headphones.

He also commented that my description is spot on: lean, flat and peaky. This is also evident from the frequency graphs.

There is nothing wrong with them, i just cant enjoy music on such headphones. I thought that they might be giant killers from all the good reports on here, but they aren't.

That's my honest opinion, and that's that.

Nov 26, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,009 of 1,544
No problem with the tips my friend. The Greek representative of Fiio (who is my friend and i have bought many Fiio products from him over the years) provided me with all the necessary tips and i chose the ones that fit my ears the best. I am very aware of the fit and size and the effects they have on sound in inear headphones.

He also commented that my description is spot on: lean, flat and peaky. This is also evident from the frequency graphs.

There is nothing wrong with them, i just cant enjoy music on such headphones. I thought that they might be giant killers from all the good reports on here, but they aren't.

That's my honest opinion, and that's that.
Perfectly valid impression :) . It would be somewhat more meaningful if you had listed your normal gear / preferences though - as at the moment we have no idea of what you consider “normal” for you. Hint - maybe fill out your profile and signature (it helps with these types of discussions).

Nov 27, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #1,010 of 1,544
I don't "listen" with in ear headphones, i use them for travel/lying in bed etc. only. At the moment RHA T20 and UE900s with Fiio X5 gen3, among others.

Over ear reference headphone Sennseiser HD800 (anax2/SDR).

At the moment listening with Susvara and Abyss (Susvara on test and review by DrPank)

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,011 of 1,544
Ok - that might explain your impressions. The X5iii is a warmish DAP, and the RHA T20 is definitely on the bass accentuated side of things as far as warmth goes. I reviewed it a long time ago, have the X5iii, own an HD800S - and can see why a short audition of the F9 would sound lean to you. It won't appeal to everyone - and if you took the 7 kHz peak back a bit is actually not that far from what I would consider reference.

Just FYI - you won't find the F9 Pro much different in terms of bass - so probably won't be to your liking either. You might want to try the Simgot EN700 Pro if you get the chance though - it might be closer to your liking.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #1,012 of 1,544
chuck-doesnt-listen-to-music-music-listen-to-chuck.jpg
202bwq

IMGP0178.JPG
IMGP0168.JPG
IMGP0169.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,013 of 1,544
So what do ya think, Hawaii? I know you're way harder on the bass side of things generally.

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #1,014 of 1,544
So what do ya think, Hawaii? I know you're way harder on the bass side of things generally.

Their graph shows a treble higher than anything from 20-1Khz. Sounds light on the bass like the graph says so the comment about too much bass is kinda weird to me. I have not really sat and had a solid listen but the bass is not getting in the way of anything. Not even close. nice boost from the Q1mkII bass boost may be in order :)

Nov 27, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,015 of 1,544
Their graph shows a treble higher than anything from 20-1Khz. Sounds light on the bass like the graph says so the comment about too much bass is kinda weird to me. I have not really sat and had a solid listen but the bass is not getting in the way of anything. Not even close. nice boost from the Q1mkII bass boost may be in order :)

You gotta remember a ton of people around here think that the HD650 is insanely bassy around here and any headphone that doesn't have piercing treble is "warm". :p

The graph does befuddle me a bit. It's what left me avoiding the Kinera H3 and the TFZ S4. Was kinda hoping this would be The One.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #1,016 of 1,544

I loved my F9 with my X7ii, even with no EQ on the 8kHz band. Are you saying that I may not like the Pro so much, as I do like my bass.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #1,018 of 1,544
I got these last week and they are not bass heavy. They have a nice balanced sound to my ears. My SE846's and IE800's have more bass than these. But the F9 Pro's are not bass light either in case anyone is wondering.

Nov 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #1,019 of 1,544
Hello. How is F9 Pro as compared to RHA T20? I have ordered an F9 Pro. I am no audiophile nor have i ever listened to reference cans. Was thinking about upgrading from song source to Ext Dac and a good pair of IEMs.
I only listened to Bose Sound True earphones and V-Moda Wireless. so, i am yet to be born enthusiast. I got a nice deal on S.M.S.L Idea DAC and wanted to pair it with F9 pro.

Do you think this is equivalent to T20 in terms of bass and vocals? I love classical rock and electronic rock and hip hop and pop music.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #1,020 of 1,544
Is anyone able to comment on how the F9 sounds vs the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 (TF10)? Been looking for something to replace those for a while now. How about the F9 Pro? I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, I may just be blind but I couldn't find an easy way to search through the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back