FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #976 of 1,544
Y'all are definitely killing me haha.

I'm now waffling between the F9 Pro and the LZ A4. The TFZ just didn't seem worth it.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #977 of 1,544
Could use some input on a purchase decision. Considering the Fiio F9, Fiio F9 Pro, and MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. Pricing in the UK puts these all within about £30 of each other. Will largely be using a Cayin N3 as a source, and listening to hard rock, pop, vocals, and some strings/classical. Should I save the money and go for the F9? Would the P1 for £30 more provide noticeable improvements? Has anyone compared the P1 vs F9 Pro?

Thanks in advance for any input on this. . .
Consider buying from Aliexpress, I saved a lot of money doing so for my F9 (and they arrived in a week).

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #978 of 1,544
Consider buying from Aliexpress, I saved a lot of money doing so for my F9 (and they arrived in a week).
Ditto, i ordered my F9 Pro from aliexpress and it arrived in 3 days. Best part shipping was free.

Nov 24, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #979 of 1,544
Could use some input on a purchase decision. Considering the Fiio F9, Fiio F9 Pro, and MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. Pricing in the UK puts these all within about £30 of each other. Will largely be using a Cayin N3 as a source, and listening to hard rock, pop, vocals, and some strings/classical. Should I save the money and go for the F9? Would the P1 for £30 more provide noticeable improvements? Has anyone compared the P1 vs F9 Pro?

Thanks in advance for any input on this. . .

If you don't mind having a returned set there is one here for £99.99

Refurbished Grade A returned stock. Factory sealed. As new from uk distributor with 12 month warranty

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Edit:

I just checked to see if the link is working and now there are 4 New sets available for £99.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-F9-Detachable-connector-Certified-Black/dp/B074KMWGMT

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #981 of 1,544
have you bought these from FiiO official store or any other seller ,??
Only official seller of Fiio F9 Pro is Fiio Official Shop. I bought from it, and everything was ok. Fast shipping, good quality product. I wonder how they could do such a good IEM' fo the reasonable price. I've had before Phiaton BT 220 NC -more expensive, not so solid, and much worse quality. I have no big experience in mobile audio but I'm very satisfied with Fiio F9 Pro - at first as for me very good, wide soundstage ( balanced output). Very good, detailed trebles, awesome resolution. I'm based on my impressions, not technical analisys. They cowork very godd with my Shanling M3S, the newest DAP from this company. For about 400 $ I have very good High Res. combo :).
You can watch my unboxing video on you tube. Enjoy!

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #982 of 1,544
Nov 24, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #984 of 1,544
Today i got my Fiio F9 finally! They got ordered from amazon u.s about a month ago and surprisingly i got the new revision...
I tried them with X3II , Huawei P9 and MBP 15" Retina...
So far the 7khz pike does not bother me (maybe just a bit, EQ saves the day)... To my ear there is a bit of lack at lower mid's(vocal presentation). And the bass is not as punchy and tight how i would like it ( listen to Daft Punk-End of line). But overall i like the sound it delivers.
Lot's of people say that they sound much better over their price. I don't agree at all... They sound exactly as they cost. For example the pinnacle p1 just delivers more sound to it's extra price...
What i really really love about them is the comfort!!! These are the most comfortable IEM's that i ever tried. And just that makes me to order the Pro version.
F9 are a fair deal for sure. :) IMG_5626.jpg IMG_5639.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #985 of 1,544
If you don't mind having a returned set there is one here for £99.99

Refurbished Grade A returned stock. Factory sealed. As new from uk distributor with 12 month warranty

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-l...olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

Edit:

I just checked to see if the link is working and now there are 4 New sets available for £99.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-F9-Detachable-connector-Certified-Black/dp/B074KMWGMT

AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk are offering a 20% discount on all FiiO products until 27/11 using discount code FiiO20BF.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #987 of 1,544
So, after a week of listening I am thinking of returning my F9-Pro. Either I am too spoiled or too ruined by my Shure SE535, but the F9-Pro did not fit my listening taste - the bass is too strong and I am missing clarity in mids and highs.
Anyone interested in buying F9-Pro from me in Europe, message me. Otherwise, I will be returning them to FiiO. I bough mine from FiiO official store on AliExpress.
The packaging of my F9-Pro is completely intact, did not use any accessories at all - just the F9-Pro itself. And one of the foam ear-tips.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #988 of 1,544
So, after a week of listening I am thinking of returning my F9-Pro. Either I am too spoiled or too ruined by my Shure SE535, but the F9-Pro did not fit my listening taste - the bass is too strong and I am missing clarity in mids and highs.
Anyone interested in buying F9-Pro from me in Europe, message me. Otherwise, I will be returning them to FiiO. I bough mine from FiiO official store on AliExpress.
The packaging of my F9-Pro is completely intact, did not use any accessories at all - just the F9-Pro itself. And one of the foam ear-tips.

I can definitely see this if you like the SE535. I'm the opposite. I found the 535 far too thin and unengaging, but then I like a meaty low end.

So... folks. Here's my conundrum. Fiio F9 Pro vs LZ A4. I am now at a point where these are my two that I'm deciding between. Any input is appreciated.

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #989 of 1,544
Wow, so fast? Have you burned them in? Are you using the right tips? Ear tips can drastically change the sound on IEMs. I use JVC spiral dots and find that they alter the overall sound of the F9 Pro to my liking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back