Fiio E7 upgrade advice
Feb 22, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #16 of 32

Quote:
I think the problem lies in the fact that you have an E7 - I seriously cannot get a good sound out of mine. You do get what you pay for though

Yes I think your right. I was under no illusions it was going to be on par with high end amps but I didn't predict I would be that fussy. It's a great priduct for the price but it's not quite good enough to be my sole desktop amp.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #17 of 32
The E7 is not a desktop amp, it's a portable, it seems you want it to do something it was not designed for.

Quote:
 It's a great priduct for the price but it's not quite good enough to be my sole desktop amp.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #18 of 32

Quote:
The E7 is not a desktop amp, it's a portable, it seems you want it to do something it was not designed for.

Quote:
 It's a great priduct for the price but it's not quite good enough to be my sole desktop amp.

I know it's not a desktop amp. That doesn't stop it being used as one. If it's good enough why can't it cover noth bases? Shame it wasn't!

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
A question that no one has bothered to ask, do you have the EQ on? If so, what have you boosted? Do you have bass boost on the FiiO E7?

Edit: The E7 is also rated to handle up to 300ohms, so it should, in theory, power the Dt770 Pro no problem.

How thoroughly encompassing is this theory of yours?  
tongue_smile.gif

In actual practice, no, not going to happen.  Those Beyers need a desktop amp for sure, their sensitivity is a wee bit too low.

Or perhaps a Lisa III.

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #25 of 32
It is also a portable universal serial bus digital audio converter!

1298075122148.png

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #27 of 32
I use whichever at random.  People here understand.  =p

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #28 of 32

Quote:
I use whichever at random.  People here understand.  =p

Gotcha. It's just that you are very knowledgeable and accurate about these things, and it threw me for a second.

Related to OP, I'm upgrading from an E7 ATM too. Looking at an iBasso D6. Almost approaches entry level Desktop power!

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Those Beyers need a desktop amp for sure

LOL, according to some the E7 is a desktop amp, what was that silly FiiO thinking when they released the E9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back