Fiio e7 screen stops functioning when EQ goes pass 1!
May 25, 2011 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Shinobe

New Head-Fier
seems like I have an odd bug here...

I had recently reset the amp with the pin/hole trick.
There is no problem when playing around with the menu and settings but when I go into the EQ menu and turn it up pass 1, the amp LCD turns off.(nothing happens when the cursor is highlighting 0 or 1) The player still functions, and I can tell because the volume buttons still work. The amp still turns off and back on but the screen doesn't. The only way for me to get the screen back on is by resetting the amp again with a pin...

Has anyone experience this? Is there a way to fix this?

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 7
I had exactly the same problem and asked the question on here. Someone from Fiio emailed me directly and told me to return it to where I bought it. I returned it and was given a brand new one as a replacement.

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 7
"@muttley109, yah the problem would prob easier to fix if I just got a replacement but I bought it in Hong Kong + I lost the receipt. Do would Fiio honour a warranty replacement?"
The Fiio E7 turning off when put past one of the EQ marks is a known (but rare) defect of the E7. The best (and probably only) thing to do would be to get a replacement from Fiio Labs. When you say you bought it in Hong Kong - at a retail store? Fiio will honour a warranty replacement if the VENDOR can authorise a replacement on behalf of you (lacking a receipt).

This is of course assuming that the vendor can recognise you.

Of course, this is why Ebay is so useful in such situations. Your username is something that cannot be forgotten - it remains permanently in the database of Ebay - and ultimately is at the merchants bequest.

So if you did buy it online, contact the website and they should be able to prove (either via username of IP) that you were nideed the original recipient of the item - from which you'll be able to get your warranty.

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 7
Helpful thread, thank you. I'm having the same problem, but I bought mine second-hand on Craigslist. I guess I just can't boost my bass past one. Maybe I'll call and cry to Fiio anyway, see if they're cool enough to send a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back