Fiio E7 >>> RE-ZERO or HF5 ??
Mar 7, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bigheadhifi

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, i posted a topic a few days ago, i asked for advice on chosing a new pair of IEM for me, and i kind of narrowed it down to RE-ZERO and HF5..

Im planning to buy a portable Amp and DAC too, which is the Fiio E7 because it suitable for my budget lol. I've read some reviews about the E7, and some of them says that E7 will give you mid soundstage, and I thought it would be great to be paired with one of those IEMs, and I'm  leaning towards the HF5 for this. But then i read a review that says HF5 wouldnt change so much with amp, amped or unamped it will sounded the same..is it true?

what i wanted to ask you is, which of those IEMs would make a good sinergy with the Fiio E7?

thanks guys,
sorry for my unsufficient english.. ;P

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 9
never heard both HF5 and RE-ZERO, so this post is based only by my noobie knowledge desperately try to help you out because seems like there's no one going to do that for the moment lol

I use FiiO E7 too
and I own a pair of ER4P which I have the 75Ohms adapter to upgrade them into ER4S

I've heard that the HF5 use physically the same driver as the ER4 but with different tuning
maybe add an impedance adapter to HF5 would yield the same "improved" result as the ER4

I've never heard RE-ZERO, but i've heard RE-0
IMO, they MAY sounded technically better than HF5 because they're kinda more in the same league with ER4P
but to me the RE-0 have lesser build quality, much less isolating, and their housing irritate my ears with sharp metal edges
I'm wondering how better HF5 gets with impedance adapter and would they stack up against RE-ZERO

synergy-wise, I really have no idea lol
how about telling us the kind of music you like?

sorry i can't help you much, as i've said i never heard both. all i can do is just write some input for you to use for your decision. they're both great IEMs. cheers

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 9
I have the HF5 and used to have the RE-0, but not the RE-Zero model.  I slightly prefer the HF5 over the RE0, but between the HF5 and RE-Zero you probably can't go wrong.  The HF5 has better isolation, and does not require the use of the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor, which the RE-Zero does.  But the RE-Zero does not cost as much.  Like I say, either would be very good IEMs.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 9
It's a toss up. Depends on which sound you prefer. For a warmer, more laid back, more delicate sound RE-ZERO is better. For accurate, more forward, more engaging sound with a very strong micro detail retrieval/texture, HF5 will be better.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 9
If you cannot decide in the end, grab RE-ZERO and be done with it.  E7 should be fine, I suppose, but they deserve something better, in my opinion.
The adapter "issue" is insignificant.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Personally, since I have the E7 and have auditioned the HF5 and RE-ZERO with it... I have to say that I think the synergy works better with the RE-ZERO than the HF5. However, that could just be me. It is basically what Pianist said though, it'll really depend whether you want a cooler sound signature or a warmer sound signature.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 9
okay my eyes are now on RE-ZERO hahaha.. I do asked about the sinergy of re-zero and E7 in another headphone forum, and they said that they would make an interesting 'couple'...
Okay I guess Im gonna go with RE-ZERO, since the price is a bit lower than the HF5 but soundwise is still good, that would be a good value earphone..:) thanks guys 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back