Fiio E7 - No Sound
May 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

skunkmunkey

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Im not extactly sure what has happened, one minute there was music the next nothing. I assumed that the battery had ran out but upon recharge I still have no sound. The display works fine, it turns on etc but no matter what jack plug my headphones into there is nothing. If I plug my headphones straight into the Ipod they work fine. I have also tested my Fiio line out adaptor and that works fine. I have tried to reset it which doesnt help either.

Any help would be apreciated as I cant find my receipt and Im not entirely sure where I bought it from.

Thanks

May 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 7
The display is working, the E7 turns on, etc - this seems to indicate the E7 is not at fault. I am not sure what you meant by "no matter what jack plug my headphones into" - as far as I know, there is only one headphone jack for you to plug your headphones into on the E7.

If you plug your headphones straight into the iPod, you hear music - this means the iPod nor the headphones are at fault.

You also tested the LOD that you have; I am not sure how you tested this (unless you have another amplifier?), but we can assume that it is not at fault.

So, the most likely culprit is the E7. It is possible that the headphone jack has come loose and may not be making a good connection with the headphone jack. I believe I have read that there is sometimes the problem that some brands of headphones have 3.5 mm jacks that are slightly smaller, thus not making a perfect fit with the E7 analog out jack.

I would try with another pair of headphones (to eliminate the possibility of the headphone jack on your current headphones being "small"), and or try jiggling the headphone jack to see if you can get a connection.

May 18, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 7
I have tried the Wiggle idea and still nothing, not even any noise. I have a Fiio E5 i used to test the LOD. The computer recognises the dac and is outputting a signal to it, but still no sound output. The E7 has two 3.5mm headphone outs and neither are working.

I had been using this as a DAC and headphone amp right up until yesterday with no problems, then it just stopped outputting any sound. If it helps I am using sennheiser IE7s and have also tried my sennheiser ocx880s and my klipsch S4i's and they are receiving no sound. When I can find a screwdriver that will open the device I will Post some pics of the internals. 

Thanks for help so far.

May 18, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #5 of 7
Posting internal is not necessary, since you can't look at a component at tell whether it is good or not. I suspect there is something wrong in the amp section and you will have to send it back for repair. Try contacting the seller first. If you can't get the seller to help you, contact FiiO directly.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 7
I had this happen ones before where the e7 would seem to work fine but would not produce any sound and no amount of hitting the reset button would fix it. What worked for me was to let the battery go 100% dead and then letting it charge. I don't know why but it started to work after that. I hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back