FiiO E7 is half dead
Nov 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #17 of 33
Not surprised.  Fiio is crapity crap crap.  

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #21 of 33
As a dude with same problems, JUST after buying it used, without receipt, I was worried. I tried plugging the jack into aux and back, and it worked! Thanks for that mysterious, but obviously fool-proof fix!

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #22 of 33
If I wiggle a jack in the aux in while its a DAC, sound comes briefly... god dammit this is so infuriating. Really what the heck.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #23 of 33
Thanks - the fix works for me too. Not quite sure why it worked, but it did!

It did not quite work immediately, but I did some wiggling around on the Aux input jack. After a few tries, both output lines just (magically) work.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 33
Ended up giving up and selling my E7 as a portable amp to a friend. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the DAC

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #25 of 33
Ended up giving up and selling my E7 as a portable amp to a friend. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the DAC

Pretty sure it is just the jack.

Jan 29, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 33

Pretty sure it is just the jack.

Considering the aux in worked perfectly 100% of the time, it had to be the DAC that was causing the loss in channel.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #27 of 33
Considering the aux in worked perfectly 100% of the time, it had to be the DAC that was causing the loss in channel.

The AUX-in actually also double as a mechanical switch to activate / deactivate the feeding of DAC signal into the amp section, it is a way on how the E7 'priolitize' which signal gets to the amp section over which when there is more than one input (such as having E7 connected to a PC while also have the AUX-in plugged in). The fact that you get a briefly working DAC when the jack in plugged in is a good sign that indicates the DAC section is working just fine, but the plug itself which uses a mechanical movement (where the 3.5mm plug physical plugged in) to switch between signal is very likely broken. If it is a DAC problem, it won't have worked at all. The plug / switch mechanical thingy is know to fail / loosen in time, making it less sensitive therefore the feeding of DAC signal keeps getting disabled or interrupted. You will know when plugging in the AUX-in temporary fixed the issue, as it physically force the plug to do a switch. Most of the time it will be fine afterward, at least for awhile. But in your case, the plug might be a bit too perished so the problem remains even after plugging-in/-out the AUX-in.

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #28 of 33
So I have the same issue here, left channel only out of the E07K.... tried the headphone in the aux port thing and got nothing.. interesting enough if I plug another 3.5mm (any type, headphone, mic, cable) half way into the other headphone port, and let it rest just before clicking all the way down.. it plays both channels fine out of the headphones plugged all the way in and left channel only in the one half way plugged in (if its a headset)...

as a DAC in the E09K both channels work fine..

heres where it gets even more interesting...

if I plug a MICROPHONE cable into one headphone jack.. all the way... it plays both channels fine out of the headphones plugged into the other jack.... thats pretty odd... glad I can at least use the thing though.. and thats probably what I get for buying used... oh well maybe over time the ports will get worn in or something and let me output audio correctly since it doesn't look like the one I got was even used... Guy probably plugged it in, got left channel only and sent it back... i'm fine with ghetto rigging it for a bit though.. xD

EDIT: using the microphone causes it to mono left channel into both sides... so it doesn't technically fix it rather than patch it....

Jan 22, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #29 of 33
Just had the same problem of left channel only on headphones on my E7. Putting the headphone jack into the aux in and wiggling it about fixed it. I never use the aux in, so I assume as has been suggested in previous posts, the switch in the aux socket gets dirty.

Many thanks to previous posters.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #30 of 33
Just wanted to say thanks to WhatTheHell888, as I was going to ditch the E7 after verifying that it was the e7 itself what was failing (switched earphones, usb ports, usb cables, pc's, nothing worked). The AUX thing finally did the trick, so many thanks to the user that discovered this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back