Fiio E7 + iPhone 5 = successful?
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tordfuglstad

New Head-Fier
So I've read a lot of threads on the Fiio E7 and people wanting to connect them with iphone 5's.
I have yet to read a successful combo. Is there anyone out there who has figured out how to make it work?

Just got into this headphone thingie and came across this forum, makes me want to buy a lot of stuff. Haha.

EDIT: Also I have a AKG K518 DJ headset. Will it help adding a Fiio E7 to make the sound better on such a cheap headset?

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 3
  So I've read a lot of threads on the Fiio E7 and people wanting to connect them with iphone 5's.
I have yet to read a successful combo. Is there anyone out there who has figured out how to make it work?

Just got into this headphone thingie and came across this forum, makes me want to buy a lot of stuff. Haha.

EDIT: Also I have a AKG K518 DJ headset. Will it help adding a Fiio E7 to make the sound better on such a cheap headset?

Lots of success stories on head-fi of people connecting their iPhone's and iPad's to an external DAC/AMP via Apple's Camera Connection Kit. This has been possible since the release of IOS 7.  Music player apps like Onkyo's HF Player even allow you to output 96k/24bit music to an external self-powered DAC/AMP such as the E7, E07K and E17.

I myself have my iPhone 4S connected to an E07K via USB and can play ALAC 96k/24bit music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back