Fiio E7 , HFI 580, HP-3... Decisions, decisions.
Aug 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tardisk

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of HFI-580s, which I love. I also own a pair of Yamaha HP-3s, which really can't function properly without an amp. My computer has a god awful soundcard: It hisses, and literally makes little beeping noises whenever I change the volume. Seeing as I sometimes use my computer as a line out to my Adcom GTP 555 MKII based sound system, I started to consider the Fiio E7 as a cheap way to make my music at least bearable through speakers and through my HP3s.

Now, I have also been considering getting a pair of HD555s for classical music, which brings me to my other question. Are the 580s more suited to classical than the 555s?

So between buying a Fiio E7 or the 555s, which would more considerably augment my listening experience? My budget is $100. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 4
Yes, the 555's are suitable for classical. Way to go, easy to drive.  

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 4
Heya,

Option three: equalize for free. Look at the 580's frequency response graph. Give it the bump its missing from 5khz~8khz. Drop the bass a little until everything is neutral (flat response). Then listen to classical. If you like it, save the preset equalizer settings and load it when you listen to anything that benefits neutral sound. Assuming you use a player like Foobar or something.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back