Fiio E7 + E9 windows 7
Feb 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

moose517

New Head-Fier
Hello there gentlemen, making my first post here :D  I've lurked about a bit and finally came forward cause i have a question for you guys.  I have had the Fiio E7 + E9 for a bit now, and i've never actually noticed of if this problem just started happening after a windows reformat.  when i go into the sound properties and where you can select stereo or mono when i select stereo and do the test i don't get anything from the left channel, only right channel.  But when i undock the E7 and use it solo and connect it via USB as well it works fine in stereo, only docked its not working right.  You guys ever had this happen or know a solution?  Oh and i also tried input via the 3.5mm jack with it docked as well and that did work as well.  Only docked with USB isn't not.  Running 7 ultimate 64 bit if that helps anybody.

Feb 18, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 32
When the E7 is docked with the E9 and it's connected via USB  I just get the right stereo channel. If I connect the E7 via USB  or if I connect the E&+E9 via line in  to my PC it works perfectly. 

Had the E7 for a couple of months and the E9 was delivered yesterday and I'm very impressed with both, except for this problem.   

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #6 of 32
Have you guys tried your setups on any other computer with other versions of Windows? I am also on Win 7 x64 and coincidentally I was experiencing the exact same problems and sent my e7 back for RMA, which I also just got a response back claiming they saw no issue. Micca is now sending me my e7 back along with a new e9. They figured it was a dock connection problem and I assumed so as well. I didn't think to try my e7+e9 combo on another computer before I sent it off for RMA.

Feb 18, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 32
i have access to a vista machine, but its also 64 bit, will try that though and see.  and if not i have spare HDD's around here, i'll load up windows XP just to see if that solves it or not.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 32
Thanks for the report! there may have some problem about the dock connector! but I can not make sure if the window system may cause the mono problem!

So the best way is to try the E7+E9 combo in another PC! to see if it is the same situation! if it is the same, it may probably cause by the defective dock connector!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 19, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #9 of 32
Just tried connecting the the E7+E9 to a Laptop running Windows 7 64 Bit and I can hear the Left Stereo channel but  it's very, very faint.
I've checked the balance for both channels and they  where balanced for both channels. Tried playing with the balance to both speakers and the Right channel is still blasting away and the left channel is still very faint. Checked all the other settings and as far as Windows is concerned everything is fine. 

Going to try the combo on a Vista 32 PC and see what happens. 

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #10 of 32
Tried combo with a Windows Vista 32 Bit PC and the Left channel still isn't working properly. Looks like I'm returning the E9 to Amazon.

Pity as It's an excellent Amp otherwise 
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 32
Thanks for testing that Rhonddaguy.  I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to test this myself, i'm gonna install XP on my laptop and see if that makes a difference, if not i'll get back in contact with Fiio and see if they can't do anything.  And i did do a bit more playing around, your right, the left channel is actually there, albeit very very very vvery very faint, i heard it on one particular song track i have that i know is stereo.

Sep 8, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
Hi, I've got the same problem with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, but I'm only getting sound from the Right channel. Would be nice if somebody has a solution 

Quote:
Hello there gentlemen, making my first post here :D  I've lurked about a bit and finally came forward cause i have a question for you guys.  I have had the Fiio E7 + E9 for a bit now, and i've never actually noticed of if this problem just started happening after a windows reformat.  when i go into the sound properties and where you can select stereo or mono when i select stereo and do the test i don't get anything from the left channel, only right channel.  But when i undock the E7 and use it solo and connect it via USB as well it works fine in stereo, only docked its not working right.  You guys ever had this happen or know a solution?  Oh and i also tried input via the 3.5mm jack with it docked as well and that did work as well.  Only docked with USB isn't not.  Running 7 ultimate 64 bit if that helps anybody.

I have the same problem. Line-in and E7 stand-alone dac work fine, but when I use E7/E9 docked dac, I have a huge imbalance between left and right channel. Did you guys solve the problem or had to replace your E9?

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #14 of 32
I too am having this issue.  Have owned the e9 for a couple months with no problems what so ever.  I just received my e7 that while docked will only play the right channel via usb.  When undocked the e7 plays fine, as does the e9. 

Anyone know of a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back