Fiio E7/E9 problem plz help ?
Apr 28, 2011 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

xatlx

Head-Fier
Hello Head Fi users this is my first post, my friend told me to come here to get help if i ever needed. So here we go, i just got my E7/E9 yesterday and setting up USB DAC set up today then i found out only my RIGHT speaker is working the left one is silence. When i use the E7 by it self with the USB DAC both speakers works. when i use the line in from my ipod on the E9 Both speakers works also.. can you guys help me plz ?​

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 13
i'm new around here as well, but i have a similar setup so i thought i'd add my 2 cents. i was messing around with the e7 and e9 when i first got them and had connected the e7 to my computer directly via usb, and taken one of the headphone outs from the e7 into the aux in on the e9 (effectively using the e7 as a dac/preamp and using the e9 as an amp... i was testing to see the difference and also if i liked the bass boost... suffice to say i found i much prefer the e7 docked into the e9!) 

when i was done having my fun, i re-docked the e7 into the e9 like normal, and i only had a left channel in my headphones. i turned everything off, un-docked it, still only one channel. i plugged the e7 in directly via usb and plugged my headphones into it and they were fine, both channels. eventually, and i have no idea why, i plugged my 1/8th in cable back IN to the aux in on the e9 and unplugged it and i magically had both channels back. 

i guess my advice is... try stuff and see what works. even if you think "this can't possibly do anything..." you never know. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 13
You could have a faulty capacitor. I had this problem with an amp I used to own where I only got sound from a single channel. Turned out one of the capacitors was bad. You could measure the voltages or do a simple test by touching the capacitor ends with a screw driver and listening to the sound in the different channels.

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
i really wish i was that lucky, i have tried everyway to connect i could think off but nothing works, however ill keep on trying

:frowning2: sorry you didn't have better luck. hopefully you can figure it out... you are saying that even if you dock the e7 into the e9 and use USB out from your computer into the e9 you only have one channel? or is it only a problem with speakers connected? 

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:

:frowning2: sorry you didn't have better luck. hopefully you can figure it out... you are saying that even if you dock the e7 into the e9 and use USB out from your computer into the e9 you only have one channel? or is it only a problem with speakers connected? 

No i tried it on 4 OS and only one channel i tried 2 sets of Speakers and only one would work :frowning2: but with out it dock both channel works great

May 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm having the same problem. Recieved my E9+E7 on Monday and set it up with my desktop using the USB-in, and the front jack with earphones. Sound was great! Tried it again yesterday with the same setup and now only sound through the left earpiece. When I swap out the source with an mp3 player using the line-in jack, sound in both ear pieces. :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 13
Sorry for the thread necro, but I'm having the exact same issue now.

I've had the E7+E9 setup for about a month now and everything has been working fine.  Today I took the E7 out to go on a hike with my dogs and I came back tonight, plugged the E7 into the dock and now I'm only getting sound out of the right channel.  The E7 works fine by itself.  E9 by itself works fine as well.  E7+E9 is broken.

USB --> E7 --> headphones it works fine.  

Aux out from soundcard --> E9 --> Headphones is also fine.  

USB --> E7+E9 --> Headphones and I now get sound only from right channel.  I think my E9 dock is broken.  That's a shame, a real shame.

I can't figure out how to contact FiiO support.  I went to the support section of their website but they don't have a support email, only a .cn marketing email.  I tried filling out the feedback form but when I click submit I get a error window with something in chinese that I can't read, I seems their form validation had a problem with my email address.     

I know they have a representative that reads these forums.  I really hope they can hire someone who can get their english support representation improved because this is a little troubling.  

I just checked my order date with Amazon and I'm still within 30 days, so I'm going to just return it to them and order another one rather than deal with the non-existent support.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 13
I wish I had a more professional answer, but I've had this issue and I've found(jimmy-rigged) a solution... I realized by chance - after being extremely frustrated at this pair - that the only way to actually fix both channels is to get a regular 3.5mm jack, GENTLY touch the tip of the jack on the inside of the line-in, and be listening top music through the DAC until you get the amp to play both channels.  I have absolutely no idea how or why it works, it just does.  I have done it multiple times whenever this happens and i'm half tempted to call FIIO and ship it back to chinatown, but i just love the darn thing so much when it works well.

Hope this helps!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back