Fiio E7+E9+L2 Worth the Price?
Nov 15, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #61 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If the E7 breaks you cant use the E9 until you get another E7...

Exactly what you said. So you're wrong.

The line out on the E9 is... a line out. Thus the amplifier is bypassed.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #62 of 86

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousXUSMC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If the E7 breaks you cant use the E9 until you get another E7...

Exactly what you said. So you're wrong.

The line out on the E9 is... a line out. Thus the amplifier is bypassed.

Your not doing so good at reading composition right now your taking things I mean as opinion and stating them as facts.  When I say you cant use the E9 without the E7 I mean you lost the docking DAC the way it was meant to be used.  Who here is going to buy a E9 just to have a E9??? Anybody?  Probably not they are going to buy it to use it with a E7.  So if your E7 breaks you have to get another one... Make sense now?

First of all this is the part I am pushing and thought you were talking about
Quote:

The uDAC-2 can be a pre-amp due to its RCA & Coaxial outputs and go to any amp you want while the E7 is more or less forced to be paired with the E9

Because not many people I do not think are willing to use the headphone amp output as a method to connect to another amp, its simply not desirable.

Quote:
The line out on the E9 is... a line out. Thus the amplifier is bypassed

Also the E9 is your (big) AMP why would you want to use it as a preamp to another amp?  Thats just spending more money and having more equipment than is nessisary, kind of against the whole concept of the E7/E9 combo.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #63 of 86
I can read just fine thank you. I made no such personal comments about you and I would appreciate if you did the same for me.

And you're right, why would you use an amp to preamp another amp? Because you wouldn't. It's there for speaker functionality. Line out to either a receiver or volume controlled speakers, or preamp out to speakers without volume control.

Quote:
Who here is going to buy a E9 just to have a E9??? Anybody?  Probably not they are going to buy it to use it with a E7.  So if your E7 breaks you have to get another one... Make sense now?

Still wrong. You could use the line out on the uDAC and go into the E9. Sure it's not docked and all pretty looking, but nobody is forcing you to use the E7's DAC. It's still a clean line in with no headphone amplifier in between.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #64 of 86
I know you can read, I mean your not comprehending what I am saying.  Its not a personal comment its a statement.  Be it I am not explaining myself well enough or just your not reading it the way I intended.

I have been up for 25 hours in a row now so I am not my normal self anyways :D

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #65 of 86

Quote:
You could use the line out on the uDAC and go into the E9. Sure it's not docked and all pretty looking, but nobody is forcing you to use the E7's DAC. It's still a clean line in with no headphone amplifier in between.

My point almost exactly.

You have the line out on the uDAC but not the E7, the E7 only has line out when docked with the E9 thus limiting its usefulness and versatility.

But who would buy the E9 to be paired with another DAC?  I honestly think basically nobody.  There are too many other amps out there that are better and not custom tailored for use with the E7.  People that are going to get the E9 are E7 owners.

You could use the E9 as a door stop too according to your logic :D but do you really expect anybody to buy it for that?  Some common sense must be applied to your raw logic.

Anyways nothing wrong with a friendly debate,  But I think at this point we are no longer being constructive and adding anything to this thread that is relevant.  So I will call it a draw instead of going on about it.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #66 of 86
I never suggested the E7 alone was on par or better than the uDAC. It's in a different price range; and does not support 96/24 resolution audio. But when you compare it combined with the E9, the next step in the Nuforce line are the Icon amps which are much more expensive and provide the same power output. The real benefit to choosing the Icons over the E7/E9 are for those with high resolution audio sources such as SACD, DVD-Audio etc.

If it is just CD's we're talking here, then all that higher end potential is lost and FiiO will provide outstanding power and a much more affordable price. This here is my main point as it pertains to the topic and title of this thread. How's that for common sense?

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #67 of 86
How do people know an amp is better than the E9? Simply because the E9 isn't being used with the E7? The E9 is a very capable amp OUTSIDE of it's use with the E7. Fiio made the dock to use with the E7, but they could have just as easily left the dock out. It's there to give the E7 another use as a DAC only. Sure it only has a line out when docked, but that's just the design of the E7.

The E9 is a stand alone amp that happens to add another function to the E7.

People have already compared the E9 as an amp in it's own right, and it stacks up against some pretty costly amps.

The line in functionality is there for a reason. Fiio isn't limiting the E9 as an amp that only works with the E7.

Please don't dismiss the E9 as an amp. It's brand spanking and just has not been heavily compared against other relatively transparent amps. When it's become clear where it stands in overall quality, then perhaps you can dismiss it.

Gobs of power, clean signal, affordable price. Fiio has outdone itself with every single new piece of audio equipment. Perhaps now other companies can start matching the price with the performance, instead of overpricing all the time and living off the name.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #68 of 86
Oh, and Fiio has already made the line out cable for the E7, but are tweaking the design a bit. The L7 cable is still very much alive. Once the L7 is out, the E7 will work as a DAC only, to be used with whatever amp you want.
This comes straight from Fiio's sponsor here.

Sorry, it's 5am and I may be arguing about something I don't need to argue about, lol.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #69 of 86
True the E9 is a capable amp, its just my opinion that not many people will be buying the E9 as their amp unless they have the E7.  I guess time will tell how many people get the E9 on its own and how popular it becomes.

The OP is not starting with the E9 though, he is looking at the E7 vs uDAC-2 and I think we pretty much determined in more than one way that the uDAC-2 is probably better.  But then the whole conversation of the E7 + E9 combo came into play as a means to validate the E7.

Myself personally I would be more interested in some of the great DIY amps, a little bit of work but a great reward with a high ratio of price vs performance and also the feeling of self acomplishment. 

If price vs performance is your goal DIY is generally the way to go.

Quote:
Mad Lust Envy said:

Oh, and Fiio has already made the line out cable for the E7, but are tweaking the design a bit. The L7 cable is still very much alive. Once the L7 is out, the E7 will work as a DAC only, to be used with whatever amp you want.

Sorry, it's 5am and I may be arguimg about something I don't need to argue about, lol.

No hard feelings, like I said i have been up over 24 hours now, im stuck at work or another 3 hours yet.  I am probably more prone to being a bit short too.

I heard the L7 was a gonner, If you know for a fact its not then I had some bad information.  I would get that product out ASAP though it is important I think.

I think I am going to go ahead and call it a night.  I will see how this thread develops and look forward to what the OP decides to do.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #70 of 86
There are a few users who bought only the E9 for an amp. Those who already have a decent DAC or soundcard might prefer a ~$120 dedicated amp instead of a better DAC.
I don't think the OP is talking about DIY. While I agree with you that DIY can save a bunch of money, I don't think OP wants to go that route

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #71 of 86

Quote:
True the E9 is a capable amp, its just my opinion that not many people will be buying the E9 as their amp unless they have the E7.  I guess time will tell how many people get the E9 on its own and how popular it becomes.

The OP is not starting with the E9 though, he is looking at the E7 vs uDAC-2 and I think we pretty much determined in more than one way that the uDAC-2 is probably better.  But then the whole conversation of the E7 + E9 combo came into play as a means to validate the E7.

Myself personally I would be more interested in some of the great DIY amps, a little bit of work but a great reward with a high ratio of price vs performance and also the feeling of self acomplishment. 

If price vs performance is your goal DIY is generally the way to go.

Quote:
Mad Lust Envy said:

Sorry, it's 5am and I may be arguimg about something I don't need to argue about, lol.

No hard feelings, like I said i have been up over 24 hours now, im stuck at work or another 3 hours yet.  I am probably more prone to being a bit short too.

I heard the L7 was a gonner, If you know for a fact its not then I had some bad information.  I would get that product out ASAP though it is important I think.

I think I am going to go ahead and call it a night.  I will see how this thread develops and look forward to what the OP decides to do.

James has updated Fiio's progress with the L7. They already came out with one, but some people aren't happy with the overall design, so Fiio's trying to appease whatever issues a few people have. Fiio really listens to it's potential buyers. A company like that is the kind I wanna give my business to.

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #72 of 86
I completely agree, I was wary of Fiio because I had never heard of them. But their support on these forums have made me love them.
This might be unknown at the time, but do you have any idea if the L7 will allow bass settings to be passed through?
Additionally.... Mad Lust - do you sleep?!!?

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #73 of 86
Lol. I seem to be around all the time. To be truthful, I have almost nothing to do while I'm at work, and so I lurk the forums, and generally just browse online on my phone for like 7 hours a night (11pm-7am est). Then when I get home I listen to music and browse the webz some more for a few hours if I'm not out and about doing something else.

So yeah, from 11-7 I almost always have a tab open for Head-fi.

Nov 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #74 of 86
I don't know there are a thread about E9 in here!

Anyway,

1, the owner of E7 will get a decent LOD, just like our L2, L3, L5 or maybe better because we will spend more money on it!

2, The E9 will not only work as an amp, and only support E9, but may support our new products, it will be different products, also it will be a standard dock of FiiO!

3,Of course, we will have new DAC which can support 96k/24b, but step by step, we will not so hurry put new products to the market !

Next year, we will have more new products, but I just can tell you , some new model will extend the usage of your E7, E9, and help you save some money too! and you will notice, there are

compatct relationship between our current products and future products! so don't worry about the potential value of E9!

LOL, I can not say more! but trust me , it will not a wrond decision!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #75 of 86
James FTW to prove our point. This is exactly why FiiO products are worth the price. Not only do they perform as promised for and affordable price, they communicate and interact with their customers in a way I've never seen from any other company.

Hurray for 96/24 audio! FiiO is not only quickly catching up, but will soon be blowing everyone out of the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back