Fiio E7/E9.....E7 docked makes no difference ?
Sep 7, 2011 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thommohawk

100+ Head-Fier
So it's all set up and docked - E7 on it's own sounds great, E9 on it's own sounds great, but when I dock the E7 and hook up the USB cable for it to my source with audio still coming in via the line in on the E9, the Fiio logo lights up red indicating power - Fiio is docked and switched on - yet I hear zero difference when I pull it out and re-dock it ? Almost as if the E9 hole is strictly placement holder and charging bay.

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
The E7 doesn't work when you have the line into the E9. Use the USB only and the E7 acts as the DAC not whatever your current source is.

Ah, that explains it, been using it with my PS3 all day....just tried it on my laptop with USB only and OMG it sounds fantastic (ear splitting lol - media player on 15/100 and it's still loud haha but sounds fantastic!) 

Unfortunately though, my main use for it is on PS3 and the only thing I can think of is to purchase another 3.5mm cable for the line out of the E7 into the line in of the E9 as I cannot get any audio out of it any other way as it's amp only otherwise. Unfortunately just plugging in the USB into the USB port of the PS3 doesn't work as it's audio is strictly down the HDMI cable....I don't suppose anyone's had any success getting the E7 & E9 to work together with PS3 ? 

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Never used the e7 before, however I am pretty experienced with the ps3's settings. My px21 (I know that that is a curse word here, but I bought them in ignorance) is recognized by the ps3 through the usb port. You can also set it up so that the ps3 outputs sound through your analog connection as well as the hdmi. If the sound id going to the analog plugs you can easily get an analog to 3.5mm converter and use that to plug it into your e7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back