FiiO E7 Amp Newb Help
May 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

juantendo8

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I have finally decided to commit to ordering the fiio E7. This is my first venture into the world of amplification and DACs (at least dedicated) and I have two quick questions to ask to help make the transition smoother.

1. I have a Cowon i7 and a Sansa Clip+ as my main portable music players. I read all the time about people using a line out dock to bypass the amp in their players. Is this possible for my players? Also, what specific cables/accessories would I need to buy to get the best possible SQ possible?

2. Now this is a complete amp newb's question, but I have to start somewhere. How do I connect the E7 as a DAC for use with my headphones when using my netbook/desktop? How do I do this using my portable players? I assume I use the usb cable for my PC and just plug in my phones into the headphone out. I'm not as sure for my portable setup.

I'm sure I could figure this out on my own but I just need to know for peace of mind and to help me feel like less of an idiot.
frown.gif
I get confused easily by different cable connections and their uses so please help me with specific answers so that I don't have to bother you guys ever again.
tongue_smile.gif

May 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 3
As to whatever i've read till today, the Cowons And the Sansa Clip+ do not have a line out available.
Also, that is exactly how u would use a USB DAC, plug into USB, install drivers, plug in headphones, play some music. Don't freak out, the amps have proper documentation, check it out on FiiO's website to clear doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back