FiiO E6 Amp question
Dec 30, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #16 of 19
I bought the E6 and the L1 via www.hifitogo.com it's a Dutch website.
I bought the E6 for €29,- and the L1 for €9,-
I deliberatly bought the L1 because it was cheaper than the L3 or the L9, it was half the price.
Since the portable headphone amp was an experiment for me I didn't want to spend nearly €20,- on a cable.
Looking back I might as well have bought the L3 or L9. The main advantage is that the cable exits the dock connector at the side and not at the bottom. Making it more compact.

Personally I haven't encountered any build issues with the L1, but it's only two days old at the moment.

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #18 of 19
Oh, one last thing though. I was just about to order my L9 when I realised the following:
The cable exits to the right, which means In my case the cable is near useless.
I have my iPod in a case, the cover opens to the left. So when I attach the amp to the cover and the cable exits the player on the right... it won't open.
If you have an option of mounting it on the back there is no problem of course.

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #19 of 19
I'm kind of reviving this thread because of the experience I have had with the L1 Fiio LOD.

A while ago someone mentioned build issues in the L1, I didn't notice any back then but now the right channel has started to crackle.

I opened the connector and saw that it must have been made by a cross-eyed Chinaman (No offence to any Chinese or cross-eyed forum members because Fiio is in fact Chinese)
The cabeling is sloppy and the wire coating is cut badly.

I fixed it now myself but have ordered a new one. I will rebuild the old one into a custom LOD.

I do have to be fair and point out that all quality comes at it's price. The L1 is cheap so I got what I payed for.
Even though I'm very carefull with my gear, LOD cables see the most wear I guess.

Well, just wanted to let you guys know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back