FiiO E6 Amp question
Dec 26, 2011 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

steviiee

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, would using the E6 paired up with an iPhone 4 benefit me using Monster Turbine Pro Copper? I'm looking for some more bass, and I don't want to waste more than $30. Maybe a little bit of more sq and more power from my MTPC.

Dec 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 19
You can do what you want, just get two subwoofers if you want
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 19
Apparently the iPhone4 may have a very low output impedance (not 100% sure) -  if this is true, and they are already loud enough for you, I'd say there would not be any improvement, and adding something in the chain may even make it a bit worse.  If you want the bass boost, though, then by all means. :)  Is there no way to boost the bass on the iPhone4? Does it have an EQ? Is there an app you can download? How about media player apps with EQ?

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #10 of 19
Dont ditch the E6 yet. It is a great gem for the money, increases volume a crapton, can give you treble, or bass.

You said you want bass? Well the E6 can give you bass for sure, if you really want an amp, need more bass, and can only spend 20ish$, the E6 is fine. Now, dont get me wrong, the ZO or ZO2 will give you more bass than the E6, but in the right EQ mode for the E6 (I cant remember what mode it is, I jsut know it's the red one -.- ), now, for some headphones, the bass is quite overshadowing for some music, and on naturally bright headphones like my V6s, the bass seems almost out of place and weird, but on headphones like XB500s, it feels like they are supposed to be part of the XB500s in the first place.

So what headphones do you have? Amps and headphones should be paired, not mixed and matched.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 19
I've recently purchased the e6 and use it on my iPod Classic 6th gen, Nano 6th gen and iPad 2.
Now, I've only have it two days at the moment but the difference in sound quality on the classic is huge.
I'm not really a Bass-lover, I like my sound as neutral possible. I use Klipsch S2 and S2M IEMs on all three when on the go and a Technics (something)880 when at home. The amp gives the sound a more open feeling, less wooly, and it won't get crowded as fast when the music's volume rises.

Now back to you. There is a difference between the Classic 6th and the iPhone 4, the iPhone has a really low impedance. For what I've heard it's about 0,2Ohm. The iPod is about 5Ohm. So the iPhone can drive the IEMs more easely. However, I think it's sound colour your more interested in. The e6 will give ypu control over you sound. It's eighter neutral (really neutral), Bass Boost or treble boost. There is also a high input setting, but that one sounds neutral as well.
So yes, the e6 will give you more bass. But do concider the price you will have to pay: cables and reduced portability.
So my advice would be to get a decent equaliser, there must be an app for that, or get bass heavy headphones.

Never the less, the e6 is a nice toy to play around with. It's cheap. Do get an line out cable though, I get better results with the Fiio L1 LOD than with the 3,5mm jack.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #14 of 19
Thank you for that! Yes, I'm going to get a L1 LOD very soon, where'd you get yours? The one at Amazon is $4 + $6 shipping, that's more than the item itself. So, I didn't get it yet.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #15 of 19
Sortof unrelated, and I cant say this personally as I've never owned an L1, but a lot of people say the L1 has build issues and that the L3 and L9 are generally better in build quality with the same audio quality.

Quote:
Thank you for that! Yes, I'm going to get a L1 LOD very soon, where'd you get yours? The one at Amazon is $4 + $6 shipping, that's more than the item itself. So, I didn't get it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back