fiio e3/e5 quality
Jul 15, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #31 of 34
Ok so i pushed the button really hard and it turns on/off. This is just poor build quality... I also forgot to mention it doesn't charge well on an adapter for USB (like when plugged into a wall socket). I mean if you don't mind all the above go for it. But at the end of the day you won't get anything else that sounds this good for that price.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #32 of 34
I've had my E5 for 2 days now. First day, I had led myself to believe that something actually sounded better on my SE530's. Day 2, I've tried listening to it for a good 3 hours, and I just don't feel it. Mind you, I've been listening to old Vinyl rips, like the Beatles, Earth Wind & Fire, Boston in 24/96 FLAC. I find those recordings to be good, but nothing to get excited about. Day 1 I listened to mostly trance, no bass boost.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 34
I own both of the FiiO amps. I had the E3 first and enjoyed using it till I got the E5. I now use the E5 in a portable setup (when walking/hiking) and also sometimes I use it at the computer. I do not use the E3 much anymore. The build quality seems to be good, I haven't had any problems with them.
ksc75smile.gif

One thing that I found out by reading and searching is that the E5 might have input caps to protect from DC whereas the E3 doesn't have those, so with the E3 you might have to watch out from your source the DC offset.

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #34 of 34
if you're looking at something thats about as big as the Fiios, you should probably get a LOD and a Cmoy , or if you're not into DYI stuff, an iBasso T4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back