Fiio E18
Aug 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #2,133 of 2,308
Hi can i use this with an iphone 6s plus running IOS 9 and above ? I would like to be able to play/pause skip tracks and adjust volume with it . what would i need to enable this ?  
fiio L19 cable.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #2,137 of 2,308
  What would you expect other than copper for a digital cable? Why should that sound cleaner?

Unobtainium probably.

Ooh, very expensive. Works best after consuming a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #2,139 of 2,308
[COLOR=111111]firstly it efficiently than conventional cable, the second is a more accurate audio from the player to the amplifier, I did a lot of comparison and this is from personal experience![/COLOR]

Please explain the science behind that.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,140 of 2,308
  firstly it efficiently than conventional cable, the second is a more accurate audio from the player to the amplifier, I did a lot of comparison and this is from personal experience!

Efficient in what way? How can it be more accurate? Personal experience s a tricky thing due to:
  • Expectation Bias
  • Human echoic memory is good for around 3 seconds give or take a little bit.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,141 of 2,308
Any good Micro USB to USB C short cables? Every time I search I just keep coming up with those tiny Female to Male Micro to C pieces. Don't really want to put that much stress on the connector.

EDIT: Can find the long cables, but was looking for less than 6 inches. Right angle would be even better, but not necessary.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UUBRX0Y

EDIT:
Any trick to getting the Fiio E18 working on Android via the Phone-In connection? Using the Note 7 with Snapdragon (T-Mobile). 

What I have tried so far:
Connecting via the Note 7's Micro to USB-C Adapter with both Fiio Micro USB cables
Plugging the Fiio in and rebooting the Note 7
Turning on the Fiio before restart, or after restart (neither get it to detect)
Poweramp, Google Play, and Soundcloud do not work. Phone audio plays through the phone speakers and not through the Fiio

The Fiio does work with my laptop, so the device does seem to be working properly.

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #2,142 of 2,308
  Efficient in what way? How can it be more accurate? Personal experience s a tricky thing due to:
  • Expectation Bias
  • Human echoic memory is good for around 3 seconds give or take a little bit.

Sure - it has such a thing as a clearer sound from the player to the amp, you buy it for yourself and see. I did a comparison with a **** cable from fiio and copper, so these statements are from personal experience!

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #2,143 of 2,308
You keep coming back to that same statement, yet dodging the fact that it's nowhere scientific to back up your claim. Anecdotes will not do!

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #2,144 of 2,308
  Any good Micro USB to USB C short cables? Every time I search I just keep coming up with those tiny Female to Male Micro to C pieces. Don't really want to put that much stress on the connector.

EDIT: Can find the long cables, but was looking for less than 6 inches. Right angle would be even better, but not necessary.

EDIT:
Any trick to getting the Fiio E18 working on Android via the Phone-In connection? Using the Note 7 with Snapdragon (T-Mobile). 

Connecting via the Note 7's Micro to USB-C Adapter with both Fiio Micro USB cables
Poweramp, Google Play, and Soundcloud do not work. Phone audio plays through the phone speakers and not through the Fiio

The Fiio does work with my laptop, so the device does seem to be working properly.

Might be an Android problem and not the E18 problem. Download the USB Audio Player Pro grom Google Play and check whether that works. If it does, it's the phone's fault.

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #2,145 of 2,308

EDIT:

I got item 13013 from monoprice which is a usb-c to micro usb6

I can confirm that it works with spotify and pandora. The cable is so It's a little finicky. you have to turn on the fiio before you launch spotify and sometimes you have to go back and turn up the system volume since it turns it down. I have a verizon note 7 if that makes a difference.I posted on this on the last page.

I do have one question about this DAC: I always thought that since the signal is digital the volume wouldn't be adjustable. However on both my phone and on my Macbook Pro  laptop I can adjust the volume on the computer which increases the volume on my headphones. For example when you use an HDMI out you cannot control the volume. Why does this happen? I do think the Fiio is not just amplifying the signal since it sounds more detailed and not just louder (unless my ears are playing tricks on me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back