Fiio E18
Dec 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #766 of 2,308
Waiting for me to arrive. Do you use the E18 together with any audiomod like Viper4Android? Or isn't there any need, since the E18 does everything needed?
Can't wait to test this device, on LG G2 CM10.2 - 4.3

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #767 of 2,308
  Bad news from Italy (and Europe?).

Today on the official website of the Italian retailer appeared the news that the E18 will be available starting in January 2014.
A considerable delay, considering that until a few days ago it seemed that the device should arrive on the market by the end of November.

Of course, my disappointment is big: I pre-ordered the E18 (and paid for it!) already in October and I was hoping to have it before Christmas.

What is the reason for this delay? Problems in production?

I am waiting from France too

Take from FiiO Facebook :

FiiO Stock's running a bit dry, yes. We're making a minor revision to the unit before continuing production. New revision will have a new PC DAC setting that allows charging and DAC'ing from the same USB socket, in addition to the current smartphone DAC setting that draws no power.

FiiO The new revision will ship internationally on the 15th. No, we won't exchange old for new as there is no defect on the old units. The only difference between the two revisions is that the old revision requires a separate USB adapter / port for charging the device while using it as DAC. However this dedicated charging port (which also exists on the new revision) charges the device faster than charging through the data connection as on the new revision.

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #768 of 2,308

I am waiting from France too

Take from FiiO Facebook :

FiiO Stock's running a bit dry, yes. We're making a minor revision to the unit before continuing production. New revision will have a new PC DAC setting that allows charging and DAC'ing from the same USB socket, in addition to the current smartphone DAC setting that draws no power.

FiiO The new revision will ship internationally on the 15th. No, we won't exchange old for new as there is no defect on the old units. The only difference between the two revisions is that the old revision requires a separate USB adapter / port for charging the device while using it as DAC. However this dedicated charging port (which also exists on the new revision) charges the device faster than charging through the data connection as on the new revision.

Many thanks capmax for this post.
I don't follow Fiio on Facebook, so thanks for report here this points.

I hope that 15th is intended of this month, not January!
I don't know if this date can make possible to obtain the E18 before Christmas, but I hope so!

Can James confirm here this news?

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #769 of 2,308

Many thanks capmax for this post.
I don't follow Fiio on Facebook, so thanks for report here this points.

I hope that 15th is intended of this month, not January!
I don't know if this date can make possible to obtain the E18 before Christmas, but I hope so!

Can James confirm here this news?

James is currently hospitalized battling early stage lung cancer...I doubt he'll be back soon.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693309/fiio-newsflash-james-latest-firmware-update-cures-cancer-we-hope

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #771 of 2,308
Waiting for me to arrive. Do you use the E18 together with any audiomod like Viper4Android? Or isn't there any need, since the E18 does everything needed?
Can't wait to test this device, on LG G2 CM10.2 - 4.3

I'm running it with Viper, sounds even better. only drawback is that you use the speakerphone option since it's USB, and you lose some of the headphone options.

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #774 of 2,308
Just did an OTA update to my sprint samsung gs3 to stock 4.3 and it functions just as well as 4.1.3. Glad i can hold off upgrading this phone till the next generation next year and keep my upgrade for a little while longer. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #780 of 2,308
Didn't realize this was in the works. Wow! Also great news that it works with the iPad as well. I have to use a hub for my E17. Works, but it's not an elegant solution. No problems with the Schiit Modi though, go figure (E17 is self powered, Modi is not).

Any word on the expected price?

Also, James, terribly sorry to hear about your health. I hope you are well again soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back